Good Morning!
I know that you are all desperately awaiting my response to the poll. The poll on peeing no less, yet the Lord has placed something else on my heart. Go figure that God isN'T using urine to speak to me.
No, His gentle voice is whispering in the wind, "Be Intentional."
A couple days ago I posted about play groups and my lack of interest. I received many comments on "being introverted." The thing is...I'm not...I'm both, right down the middle, or so tests say. I love to go out with friends and have fun, but there are some aspects of friendship that I don't like. And, instead of opening up and allowing God to use me within these friendships as Kelley mentioned in a comment, I clam up and flee the other way. I don't WANT to confront a friend that she is being disrespectful to her husband. I don't WANT to tell a friend that I don't want to be around her because her children are brats. I used to THRIVE on confrontation and a solid good argument. I LOVED a good debate and of course found myself in law school upon graduation. I was fearless and I honestly did NOT care what other people thought. I didn't care if you left our argument hurt and crying...I had my say, I was right, and you'd survive...
I'm still blunt and honest to a fault. Things tend to roar inside me and when it all comes out, (it being anger and annoyance) the friendship has to recover from "the scene." Ridiculous, I've done a LOT better with this these past few years. Q has been amazing. You can't have a good marriage with the silent treatment and staying mad for days.
I feel convicted...for my yes to be yes and my no to be no. From friendship to weight loss. I need to get with the program and be intentional.
Happy Tuesday!
12 comments:
Great post! So, does this mean you decided to try play dates or did I miss this entirely?
Good post!
Wow... I could have written this post! I am totally a "I say what I think" type of person. For the most part I really like that about myself, and I certainly don't want to change, but I am hoping as I grown older that I can pick and chose my discussion battles wisely, and maybe be a little kinder about it. Also, you'd be welcome anytime you'd like to visit us. :-)
I totally love this post - in part because I think I am your opposite. I always strive to be honest - that, or say nothing at all THANK YOU MOM - but sometimes I will say honest things around the thing I am thinking. I will do pretty much anything to avoid confrontation.
This post has got me thinking about "intentionality." Maybe I need to change the way I approach things.
Great post La. It is such a good reminder to be intentional! I know God is going to use you and I really can't wait to hear about how :) I will be praying for you and for God to help you in using your words to gently guide people back to Him and His idea for their marriage/family/life. It is fun to realize that without God we can't accomplish any of our goals whether that be marriage, weight loss, jobs, or family. love you.
Love this. High five! I think this is a great reminder for all of us, thanks.
Ugh, as usual you're right. ;) Being honest with people shouldn't be so hard at times. Yet, well, sometimes it is. Anyway, I admire your ability to say what you think and really appreciate your willingness to do it in love.
I think being honest to the point of blunt is the best way to be with people!
Excellent thoughts, girl! God is so good to remind us that it isn't all about us anyway. We're here for Him, and to show the love of Him to others, in alll we do. Including by being intentional. :)
Great post!
Man this is hard. I feel the same way. I used to just tell my friends how it is and now I shy away. It's hard to meet in the middle.
You and I would get along great. I'm the same exact way girl. I always say I'm blunt to a fault. I can't help it, it is the way it is.
Post a Comment