Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Follow Up: Shower Talk

Wow y'all! I had no idea that urinating in the shower would cause this much of an uproar.


To me....it isn't that nasty. Or gross. It just IS. I mean did you guys forget that I like to camp which entails, many a time, peeing in the bushes or relieving oneself in the woods and using a shovel to get rid of the evidence? We all do it, it must be done.


Now with that said, I DO prefer to use the toilet before showering, but I am not opposed to going in the shower. I mean, I'm not going to drip EVERYWHERE and get the seat all wet just to pee. Nope, not going to happen. Plus pee is sterile; YOU and I are the dirty ones. So really, it is just going down the drain and probably taking some of your dirt with it. Well, at least that is my take on it.

Do it at the beginning before you clean. Your comments cracked me up! I loved the honesty. Thanks for humouring me AND for the sake of research commenting. The polls are completely anonymous and I have no idea WHO votes on which ones.  Well I do know those of you who voted and then rushed to email or comment and tell me what you chose...I LOVED that. You guys made my day. I had cramps and was crabby. 

Thanks for all the bloggy love. What do you think of the polls? Should I keep them coming? Clearly you guys like to talk about makeup over bodily functions, but that won't stop me. ;)

And to top it off, THIS was in our yard this morning. For 25 bucks a group of guys going on a mission trip will come and pick it up. Great. Thanks so much.



15 comments:

LeAnna said...

Oh my word, is that a toilet????!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Don't suppose it had anything to do with your urinating poll.
Pfffffff. :P

Anonymous said...

Wow. I guess they want money, huh!?

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!! How funny!

The Mommy said...

What a great fundraiser!! At least the $$$ is for a good cause, right?

NaomiG said...

Wow. I bet they're depositing them in peoples yards, and then calling to make you pay to get rid of it?! What a great scam!! Haha! After I left my comment I thought about the camping thing too. I think that's why I'm NOT too grossed out by it--when you camp, you just walk away with a shovel, and do your business, end of story. It is what it is. Plus I've had two kids, I've been thrown up on/peed on/ pooped on so many times. Plus, Bear Grylls DRINKS pee, how bad could it be to do it in the shower?! Plus, I always look at it as maybe the one thing that could cut through my shower grime--ya know, the mud, the engine grease, the soap scum that seems to build up in there overnight. Ok, I'm done now. Clearly that's all the things I've thought of since I left my last comment on the subject. :-)

Beth Priest said...

well next time I am in the shower I will think about you peeing in yours...haha jk. I don't do it. I have but I prefer not to ; ).

Clarissa said...

Who Would Jesus Scam? Or did you know about it ahead of time?

Lori said...

Oh, what a lovely post!!! And I missed it!! Oh heck yes I do, haha!! Sometimes, you just forget dang it and then you're in there already and the waters warm...and oops...have I said too much :-)

LOL...fantastic.

Jocelyn said...

A toilet in your yard...now that is ingenious! A very unique way to raise money for their trip I guess:-)

Jess said...

Peeing in the shower actually may have benefits for your dry skin and cracked feet! Urine contains urea which is ULTRA moisturizing for skin. (FYI...) There are times when you just gotta go!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love the polls. I think they're entertaining, keep them coming?

Kelley said...

I have heard about this toilet going around texas. Kinda fun that you got it :) I mean it has been on national news... and it is very fitting for your last post :)
Loved your comment on my blog about the alien... it is true he is a child of God. but the name alien sprung of a comment a friend made calling him a parisite, which I quickly corrected and then Wade got all science on us and gave us the techinal definition of parasite. So we compromised with alien, since its definition is foreigner. And we all are called aliens in 1 Peter 2:11. Sooo I guess I should have explained that whole story on the blog, but I'm not good with this whole bloggy thing, so now you have the story. Still though, I loved your reminder and I do need to be careful about the words I use to describe our buddle of joy since he is a prince of the King.
sorry for the longest comment known to man ;)

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! I saw one of those back in Ryan's home town when a some kids were trying to raise money.

Heather said...

I took the poll! I don't know if it worked!

You are hilarious! I bet more people do it then you would think.

And yes, do more polls. It's fun!

Adie said...

The polls are a lot of fun!! And they have been covering a lot of hard hitting topics! ;) What the hell is that thing? Excuse my language but what are th odds that that thing is in your odd and some people are in your neighborhood available to pick it up all in the same day?