Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eight Squared

Mrs. B tagged me!


The Rules
1. Go to your photo files and select the 8th photo folder.
2. Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3. Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4. Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same.


So CLEARLY I need to clean up my photos. heh, heh heh, heh, pun intented.

I adore a fabulous French Pressed coffee in the morning. I usually make oatmeal for the fam, and while it is on the stove cooking I prepare my coffee. Gooner is normally in her seat chowing down on a banana.

On THIS day I was having a great morning. I proceeded to grind my coffee only to spill it. Begaw! grrrrrrrrrrr. Please notice that it is on the floor as well. Coffee is special. You can't sweep up coffee as it gets stuck in the broom and that folks, annoyed me. Annoyed me to no end!!! By now the oatmeal was done, Gooner was banging her plastic plate on her tray and my coffee was no where NEAR ready. So what did I do? I ran to my room to grab my camera so that I could document it and then post it on my blog so that y'all could lament with me about how terrible this was. I then got over it. I never posted about it because I felt that I was being a bit ridiculous. I mean, come on, at least I didn't spill my coffee full of yumminess!


So, who who who wants to do this? How about who do I think might ACTUALLY do this? It's fun, come on!

1. Kelley over at Daily Sips. We used to work together at Starbucks, she totally understands that importance of coffee.
2. Sassy over at Sassy Times. She's an amazing photographer. I want to see ALL her folders, but I'll be happy with this whole one photo thing.
3. Carissa over at lowercase letters. She's a whole lot of wonderfulness in one cute and sweet package!
4. Mrs. D over at Life of a Doctors Wife. Yah, I don't know if she'll do this. She's slightly mysterious over at her blog...
5.Kaley over at Cheap Therapy. She has a super cute daughter and has excellent photos.
6. Mo over at Because We Can. She's hilarious. She doesn't post is much now that she has a new baby girl Molly, but when she does look out!
7.Flower Mama over at Thoughts and Whatnots. She's an excellent Mom AND photographer!
8. Clarissa over at In my oh-so-humble opinion. Amazing intelligent woman. She's awesome. She was also my roomie in Russia. She gets a gold star for that one!

Come on guys, show me some picture love... When you have time. It took me like two weeks to get around to posting this...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave some comment about spilled milk...er...coffee.. but I couldn't think of anything witty enough! ha!

NaomiG said...

:-) I like this pass-along. Very original. I HATE spilled coffee. What a mess.

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

THANKS!!!!

So I went to look at my photo files to make sure I could "play along" without disturbing my mysteriosity... And it turns out I have exactly 8 photo folders. But the 8th folder only has 7 pictures in it!!! What do I do?


How did you end up cleaning up the coffee? I spilled sugar all over my kitchen once and NOTHING cleaned it up. Horrible.

leah @maritalbless said...

I love that you included that you got over it! That's so something I would do and my total thought process as well!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh I love coffee but it can get messy sometimes!

The Mommy said...

Cleaning up coffee is a pain!

Kelley said...

so fun! yes i totally understand the importance and absolutely hate when i spill it all over. its such a bummer and a real mess to clean. we got a little hand held vac and it really helps with the intital mess but i still hate it. cant wait to play along. :)

Nicole said...

hahah oh no!

A Wedding Story said...

I just clicked onto your blog for the first time and WOW your little one is precious!

Heather said...

Very nice! I hate annoying spills like that! Glad you ended up using the picture for a post, so that we could hear the story. :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That is too funny!! I have spilled coffee WAY too many times like that on the counter!

Adie said...

Fun game! I think coffee, sugar and formula are the 3 worst things to spill. The reason a dust buster was invented I am convinced.

carissa said...

oh bummer... it's a shame when you spill grounds... it's like throwing money away! thanks for taggging me. i'd love to join in, but i've looked before and the 8th pic in the 8th folder is awful... it's of an old friend of ours that recently cheated on his wife and now they're divorced. so, you'll understand why i'm not participating. : )