Monday, April 5, 2010

Absence

Apparently I haven't posted in awhile...and I haven't. I'm not sure what I have been doing. Oh that's right, EASTER! We took pics, but they are on the camera. Being as I have to leave for a post op appointment, I'll just add this photo of Gooner staring at the camp fire safely dangling in The Baby Jeep.

I REALLY want to get my hair cut, but it keeps getting shoved to the back of my priority list. I met an awesome woman camping and THEN found out that she owns her own salon! She's always had great hair so now I merely need to make an appointment. 

I've cut back on nursing. I now nurse Gooner once when she wakes up and then once right before bed. I have to tell you, I feel AMAZING! I love to breast feed, yet at the same time I FINALLY feel like myself. Constantly making milk takes it out of you!

Gall bladder.  As far as the new diet, it's hard. More on the diet later this week.

***My appointment went well. We discussed the diet. I will tell ya'll about in another post. No heavy lifting BUT I can RUN!!!! Woot! 



This is the fire that Gooner is looking at above.

16 comments:

carissa said...

i felt like a new woman when i weaned hunter!!! it really takes a lot out of you. of course, i didn't feel all that new because i found out i was pregnant again (which is why i weaned him). so, i was prego for 9 mos, nursed for 8 mos (2 of those i was pregnant and didn't know it) now i'm 8 mos prego and am going to nurse again. ahhh! i'm tired just thinking of it! it's totally worth it though. sorry for my bunny trail... anyways, i love the picture! you better show us your new haircut after you visit that salon! : )

Jocelyn said...

hooray for feeling like yourself again! and yea for bonfires!!!! I agree with carissa, we want pics when you get the haircut:-)

Mo said...

I feel like if you cut your hair it just might turn ur luck around. hahaha. I'm coming down there...or over there...or wherever and I'm coming with SCISSORS!!!!!!!!!! AND, I loved getting my boobs back after I quit nursing. But, alas, in a matter of days I give them back up :) FEEL BETTA SISTA.

Shan said...

thanks for stopping by my blog...where do you live in t.x.? i'm from san antonio...i lived there most of my life until 2000. my family still lives there, in fact my dad has a wonderful garden...so, if you want some texas gardening tips i can ask him. :)
btw, your daughter is beautiful!
~s

Anonymous said...

Go for the cut! I know how it's hard carving time out for yourself, but it'll make you feel like a brand new woman! Then, of course, when you do it post lots of pics :)

Kelley said...

Can't wait to see your haircut! Make the appointment right now ;) So glad you are starting to feel a little better and able to run again! Miss you so much dear and hopefully one day we will be able to connect with each other and I'll be able to kiss those cute cheeks of gooner's and give you a huge hug and hear all about mommyhood in person. love you!

The Mommy said...

I think not breastfeeding feels AMAZING! It's a lot of pressure to make milk and stuff.

LeAnna said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Gooner is priceless! Makes you wonder what she's REALLY thinking! Cute, cute. I say go for the hair cut, I'm thinking of having mine cut super short for this summer, I just need to make an appointment with my gal who is in school so I can get it done for 10 bucks and not 30. Cheap or WHAT?
And yes, weaning is like a breath of fresh air, no matter how grand of an adventure it is. Such a bittersweet time!

very married said...

i'd have that wary look on my face too if that fire was in my eyeshot! :)

Lori said...

YES! Get the HAIR CUT!! and when I stopped pumping for Bubba, it was SO liberating! Haha...I just hope Mikayla nurses from the boob and I don't have to pump as much this time around :-)
Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

So glad that things are looking up for you!

As always, super cute photos of your super cute kiddo.

Adie said...

I would feel safer in the baby Jeep too! That is a big ol fire!! So glad you are feeling better!!

Beth Priest said...

eww go get your hair cut! Everymom needs a little pampering time! I just love getting my hair cut cause I just have to sit there on my butt and do nothing. Hope you had a fabulous holiday!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I need a haircut too, for some reason I always push it back. I don't know why...can't wait to see what you do! :)

Jackie said...

Glad to know you are doing well and feeling better. You and your writing are a blessing to me! Love you, Jackie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better now! I love the picture of Gooner staring at the camp fire! Have a Great Day!