Friday, February 19, 2010

I Lead a Glamorous Life


 These are the prunes - er dried plums - to help keep her regular.






This is the Steamer I used! It is amazing. The prunes were SO sticky!!! Ach!




Her first prunes were quite the success!






I boiled some apricots.


 

The website said that placing the boiling apricots in ice water would allow the skins to "easily peel off." Not so! 

 

I made this for Q. I just wanted to show ya'll that I really can cook things other than Gooner Food.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's so pretty! Good job!

Mo said...

oh my goodness that looks good. when we can our tomatoes we boil then run under cold water. it works pretty good. i think its called 'blanching' [when you boil then put in cold water] at least thats what my gram says all the time :)

Nicole said...

beautiful!

katie said...

that is pretty! Is it a fruit tart?

I have never had a boiled apricot. Or a steamed prune for that matter.

Kelley said...

That looks yummy :) Well Q's looks yummy... although I'm sure gooner loved the prunes. And yes, I agree the cold water thing does not work so well unless of course you boil the heck out of the fruit before hand but then u end up with mushy watery fruit.

LeAnna said...

Ooh, ooh, what is that thing at the bottom? Is it like a fruit tart? It's so pretty! I remember the need to do prunes with the dude, but I wasn't near as dedicated as you. I just bought organic prune juice, froze it in ice cub sizes and mixed up his cereal with it instead of water (when needed). Yeeee-um (not!) I've only had success using boiling/ice water baths with things like tomatoes and potatoes. Must be because they have toes instead of cots.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Lucky. The dude wouldn't go near prunes!

Joy said...

Ohhh that looks yummy! Can you share the recipe? I'd love to make one!

Angie said...

Awww, so pretty! Can I have a bite? Heehee!

Leigh said...

Wow! Impressive. That looks gorgeous! (And yummy) :)