My first run in a long time. Running has been on hold, for over a year. Here's why:
*Fell on a rock while hiking and twisted my ankle August 2008.
*Preggers with a busted ankle and a baby on the way.
*Preggers and a dislocated hip.
*Had Gooner. WAHOO!
*Major back pain - dislocated ribs
*Breastfeeding...
Oh the woes. Back in 2008 I shelved my running journal and books and have merely stared lovingly at them as I pass by daily. See, once you run, it's an addiction. I run to clear my head, think, pray, and get some exercise. I've had to improvise. I take showers to clear my head. I think while doing laundry. I pray while breast feeding. And I get exercise via the elliptical and workout DVDs. Truth be told, my legs itch to run, and with two bras, I'm ready. If it messes with milk supply and stuff like that, we'll deal with that then! Happy Trails!
Working Out 365
Day 56: 35 minutes on the elliptical and bicep work
Day 57: Rest
Day 58: Legs and Abs
Day 59: Great car debacle - on our way to the gym our car died. HOURS later I gave up on the idea of working out.
Day 60: 55 minutes Cardio Sculpt DVD
Day 61: 45 minutes elliptical and triceps
Day 62: Rest
Day 63: 5 minutes on the elliptical then stopped because I felt "weird." Fever of 100, no workout.
Day 64: Illness
Day 65: On the mend, bike 14 miles
9 comments:
You can run and breastfeed, just don't over do it. I think your body definitely craves exercise after you get into a routine. I cannot wait for warm weather so we can go on our long family walks again. It's 18 degrees right now and the high is supposed to be 39. I can only hope it gets that high.
that is so true that running is addicting!
in another life im pretty sure im a runner...in this life, im just a heffer with asthma. haha! no, i have ran probbaly 5-6 5k's in my life. even though i hate running i sign up for them just to motivate myself to move. before i got preg with molly andy and i were running together...it sucked but felt good at the same time. looking forward to getting out there this summer and giving it another shot. maybe you should vlog about work outs? your good at talking about those. ive been thinking about vlogging too. all this pressure you're throwing my way about vlogging...geezey. im going to give a tour of my house i think, that way it s not all my fat face the whole time. you can steal my idea if you want, we're friends.
You're amazing!
How exciting to finally be able to start running again. I was a runner for a while. And I just asked my husband last night if he wanted to do a race with me at the beginning of May!
I won't be able to physically train WITH him, because he needs to run faster than me, but we will be training WITH in the sense that we will both be preparing for the same thing.
Maybe I'll have your motivation after this baby is born - I had just found the exercise fever when I found out I was pregnant again. I NEED to find it again after this baby...my skinny jeans are calling out to me.
yeah!
Hope you had a great run. Look forward to hearing about it.
i wish i could get addicted to running. cupcakes are about the only thing i seem to be addicted to.
You've been so fantastic about your exercise goals! That's really really great of you and very inspiring for the rest of us!
I wanted to ask, does running cause milk supply to drop? I am trying to get on the treadmill regularly (could hardly call my pathetic job/walk running though)...but wouldn't want that to mess up breastfeeding!
Post a Comment