It's been a little crazy around here. For example, church starts at 9:30am and we didn't leave the house until 9:32am yesterday... Due to the crazy nature of Gooner's hair, I've begun giving her a bath on Sunday mornings so that she can look her best, although I think she always looks awesome!
She's a trooper. No more detox for me, for now. Sad, I enjoyed it so much. I was doing more research on detox, and boom, there it was. There aren't OFFICIAL studies on the amount of toxins that end up in breastmilk as a result of detoxing BUT there are toxins that do get in it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Poor Gooner has had upset tummies on Thursday nights for weeks and this past week it "hit" me. Poor little girl was arching and CLEARLY in pain. Eeep. If you breastfeed, babies eat what YOU eat. Gooner was getting a huge dose of veggies AND toxins. Great. Poor thing. I loved her, I hugged her, I promised to do better. She was swift to forgive and was MUCH happier once I cleared her out with some prune juice.
365 was slightly put on hold. I'd been having excruciating pain in my back since giving birth. One night I had trouble breathing. Other nights - almost every night really - I was waking up in pain. I was willing to stick it out until who knows when, but Q had had enough. Off to the chiropractor I went. Diagnosis: One dislocated rib and 2 pulled rib heads. Um major ouch. Oh and a twisted pelvis compliments of labor. I'm at a Stage 3, um stage 4 is IRREVERSIBLE. Seriously. So I've been taking it easy.
Working Out 365
Day 30: Abs and Legs
Day 31: Dr. Office - Ribs, Pelvis, Back in Place
Day 32: Back at Dr for adjustments, major ouch
Day 33: Light walking, SPASMS
Day 34: Taking it easy
Day 35: 35 minutes on elliptical, bicep curls, shoulder press (go back to the Dr today for additional adjustments)
Good News: I fit into my pre preggo jeans! Wahoo! This is a big deal folks!!!! I am so excited!
I've really stepped up working out and I'm eating anywhere from 1,600 to 1,800 calories a day. My snacks consist of a banana with peanut butter and almonds. Yum!
9 comments:
I've totally been there with you on the leaving the house at the time church starts-thing. Having two kids means twice as many things can happen on your way out the door!
YAY for fitting in your old jeans!! I fit into my pre-preg jeans/capris a couple of weeks after having both girls. Sadly, I have excess skin ( not really fat) that wants to hang over in the front. It gets a little better every day, but growing two babies in your belly means lots of stretching!
I'm trying to work on diet and exercise this week, but I have horrible PMS. My midwife just told me last month that everything would be getting back to normal soon and it is!
I hope you start feeling better! Take it easy! I hope that you can get adjusted out and start back 100%!
Back pain can really be a killer! Glad you've started to get it under control. I am a BIG fan of Chiropractors!
Yey for fitting into pre-preggo jeans! Boo on the pain...hope you feel better!
I'm so proud of you! Please keep yourself (your back) safe!
Go you for working out!! woohoo!!
Oh my gosh La, my back is going to hurt all day for you. I gagged a little at the first rib comment. I hope you feel better soon! But hey who doesn't feel good in their pre preggo jeans? Woot woot - Great job!!
Yikes! Feel better!
Oh my gosh girl. If I didn't understand you walking around with a dislocated hip, I really don't understand you exercising with all those issues! You are my inspiration to push through my little inconveniences...sheesh! Get feeling better!
Post a Comment