Saturday, December 19, 2009

Spa Day

Last week my friend Sarah from Coloardo visited me! She was my very FIRST running buddy, and run we did...all over Colorado! Anyway, when we met I was 21...I'm a little older now AND I have a daughter. (she's 7 months today!)





Things have changed, just a bit. She's a pretty cute bit though!

While Sarah was here we enjoyed a spa day. It was HEAVENLY. Just take a look at the chocolate fountains. Please note the plural as in THREE chocolate fountains. The white was by FAR my favorite.



Sarah enjoyed a paraffin wax.





and I had my eyebrows done.




Ok, when I began the waxing the "lady" told me that my brows just needed to be "cleaned up a bit." After all was said and done, and tears were streaming down my face, she casually blurted, "Man, your eye brows needed major work!"

Meanwhile Gooner was home with Grandma, CLEARLY NOT enjoying her time with her AT ALL.




And I, having been apart for SO LONG, immediately ran to her...


10 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what a fun day! and those pics are so cute! gooner is adorable!

katie said...

What a special time with an old friend! I am too nervous to get my eyebrows waxed, but one of these days I may go ahead and try it because you can be sure that I get tired of plucking!

Gooner's hair is all kinds of cute!

The Mommy said...

It's always fun to get away, but I MISS my girls!
Gooner has the prettiest eyelashes!

Anonymous said...

They call me the spoiling Grandma for a reason. We had a good time.

M

Mo said...

I love how "lady" is in quotation marks. I feel as if it needed a (?) mark to follow the ("quotation marks").

Seriously, Gooner! So beautiful. I hope MOlly Moo is so cute your heart melts too.

AND today I was away from Colt from 9a to 8p and I cried. It was too long.

Thank you and Goodnight.

Jackie said...

how fun! you look great and gooner is still the cutest little girl ever!

Leslie said...

Thanks for the congrats! Glad to hear you've rejoined the blogospherre! And your daughter is just breathtakingly gorgeous!

Madison Sanders said...

I've had my eyebrows waxed before and they turned out pretty good. I just wish she would have went one "line" lower, so I let them grow out a little. After that, I loved them. Now, I just do maintence on them as needed since the shape is right.

Your little girl is gorgeous! I'm curious-how did she get the name Gooner?

Adie said...

like a great time!

leah @maritalbless said...

I'm sorry, I'm so behind in posts that I didn't read this one. Sorry, being honest. :) BUT! OH MY GOSH. Lil gooner is BEAUTIFUL beyond words in that picture and I can feel your love in that picture of your return!