1. Russia (eyeballs freezing, cat dying, lips cracking, leg numbing, wet hair breaking cold)
2. Michigan (slick driving, ice skating IN parking lot, animals refusing to poop cause it's too cold, never want to leave home cold)
3. Illinois (biting wind, snow squeeking, teeth hurting, useless scarf warming cold)
That being said, 40, even 50 degrees is sending Texans swarming to find winter coats, WAIT tundra coats in order to stay warm. For example, the septic guy was wearing coveralls. Ha, I left in a hoodie... I just laugh. They have NO idea what winter is. Apparently this winter is a "COLD ONE." Looks like it might go in the books as a "Cold One." Meanwhile we are driving with the vents open WITH OUR BABY IN THE BACKSEAT, while the Bonsia Man in the ditch looks like an Antarctica Exploration Man.
8 comments:
Hey, don't hate! We southerners don't ever experience real winters! Just wait until it sleets...then you'll really be hating us. Till then, I'm gonna keep wearing my parka. :) LOL
btw, eyeballs freezing? ouch?
It's all relative to what you're used to. I once worked with a girl from Philadelphia and she would make fun of us for saying it was cold. I always thought it was funny because she would wear a heavy coat too.
It's snowing/raining/sleeting here and Maggie is SO ready to go out and play.
I was born in Buffalo, NY but luckily I moved away before I ever had to drive in it. The snow amounts they get are unreal and all that wind coming off of Lake Erie - NO THANK YOU! Now living in Toledo, we are on the right side of the lake and miss out on most of the snow and wind. It's still downright cold here though.
You're post is HILARIOUS!! Only because we both know how it is (you forgot to mention your NEBRASKA winters!!) I just got off the phone with a customer from California who told me it was 70 there. I said, well yesterday when I woke up, it was -11. He said, "How do you do it?". I told him it was programmed into my genes...born and raised in the cold! Just make sure you make trips back to the cold every once in awhile to let Gooner play in the snow! :)
LOL. I am cold all the dang time! But I don't put on my enormous coat or pull out the wool unless its around 35 or anywhere below. I definitely would die if I lived somewhere like Nebraska or Michigan or Russia.
The other funny thing about Texans though is how crazy excited they get when it snows. I would even laugh about that.
You forgot to mention the nose hairs freezing in Illinois :-) Merry Christmas season to you and your wonderful family!
Julaine
Haha! I live in Michigan...I would LOVE to have that kind of Winter. :)
i've got you beat out in arizona. If the forecast high is 70...people are bracing for the winter storm!
Post a Comment