Saturday, November 14, 2009

Home is Where the Heart Is


As cliche as that is....it is true. For the past ten days Q and I have been 3 dog, 1 cat, and newt sitting. We've been sleeping in someone else's bed, using someone else's shower, and eating "some" of someone else's food. Add in a six month old and well, I heaved a big sigh of relief when we got home. Our stuff still smells like "there" and I can't wait to just smell like us again. It was interesting entertaining Hannah and Shiloh at someone else's house as well. (I love Gooner's face here. She has that Mooooooooooooom look to her.) Gooner did pretty well with three dogs even though her feet got licked A LOT.  But, if humans can't resist baby toes I'm not surprised that canines can't pass up a good salt lickin'! I haven't finished putting everything away, but to tell you the truth, I'm exhausted! I'm sitting here drinking my decaf coffee and pondering my week. My schedule was waaaaaaaaaaay off, but I ended up being able to spend more time in the Word. Gooner slept later. I took more walks. I spent more time on foody blogs and am excited to try out some new healthy recipes! I would/will dog sit again. I am blessed with a versatile baby. She will sleep ANYWHERE and I love that. I love my husband, our little family, and home.

Day 11 of 365

Walking ('member the stuffy nose!)

Day 12 of 365

Moving all our stuff from one house back to ours! Pushups and situps at home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are home too!!!!!

M

The Mommy said...

My babies like to sleep at THEIR home!

~M~ said...

Going home after being away is such a nice feeling!

beckylbranch said...

I love her face here too! LOL! I like to sleep in MY bed and have a hard time sleeping other places, so I know what you mean when it's GOOD to be home!

Suz said...

Love the header & that pic of Gooner is just precious!

Clarissa said...

Suzette stole my comment. I love your header pic of Gooner SO MUCH. I check your blog just so I can look at it. It makes me smile, and I think she is beautiful. Also, I think she is starting to look more like you. :-)

Jackie said...

We were out of town Saturday night and just one night away had me longing for my bed. You are so right. There is just something about home!!

Anonymous said...

Being at someone else's house is only fun for a few hours, then I'm ready to come home too!