Thursday, November 19, 2009

Detox Thursday and a "Green" Smoothie

Over time Q and I have been making small dietary improvements. You can't change everything at once. Have you ever tried to? Most of the time you end up sitting on the toilet having liquid bowel movements OR your stomach is rolling so much you WISH you COULD have a bowel movement OR you want a snickers SO BADLY that you fall off the bandwagon and wonder why you EVER thought a healthy lifestyle was something tangible for you. I've had days like that, BUT it is easier now and donuts are a thing of the past!

I found an amazing website called Happy Foody. Although she is a raw food only kinda gal, Q and I have gleaned a bit of knowledge from her. Q and I are NOT going to give up meat; it's just not going to happen. We decided to incorporate "green smoothies" into our detox days, as well as a couple times a week.

We chose a frozen mixed bag of antioxidant full of berries (raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries), baby spinach, and cran-pomegranate juice.




We added a banana to help with the smoothness...




Adding the spinach made me nervous; were we going to ruin it???




Q taking a taste in the blender.




The finished product.




Q and myself enjoying our breakfast in the backyard.




Showing JUST how warm it is in November in Texas.




I was sooooooooooooooooooooo surprised at how filling the smoothie was. It literally has carried me until now, um 4 pm. I had an apple after working out and some nuts.

For lunch we had tomatoes. Yumm!




For supper we had an Asian dish in a lettuce wrap. SUPER yum and a total "do again."




Q and I had quite a successful detox day!

Day 16 of Working Out 365
Abs and Legs Workout


Day17 of Working Out 365
47 Minutes on the Elliptical

6 comments:

Clarissa said...

That smoothie sounded amazing!!! I am going to have to check out that blog.

Joy said...

Ohh great menu. I'll have to give those a try and check out that site.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that, I'll definitely have to try that and check out that website!

~M~ said...

I love Asian food!!

Mo said...

Sometimes instead of spinich I rip out a hand full of grass from the backyard and add it to my smoothie. It's got lots of vitamins and small parasites on it which is good for me...sometimes dog poop too.

Uh huh...I really do it.

And sometimes I eat a big bowl of dirt just for fun.


Bahhhhhhhhhhaha. I need sleep.

Anyhow, in real life, I have had V8 which has all kinds of stuff that's good for you but you wouldn't think would taste good together...but I'm always a fan. So, I could see how the spinich would just blend it with the fruity deliciousness of it all.

And I'm gonna stop....
Thank you and Goodnight.

Suz said...

That's awesome! Way to go! I really have completely fallen off the bandwagon! I lost my motivation BIG time! I'm back to soft drinks and I have just really slacked! Your post definitely encourages me!