Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Conditioner in My Hair.........or Not

I love baths. I love bubbles, candles, soft music and a good book. Being as I tend to overheat due to SUPER hot water I added ice water next to the tub... Sooooooooooooooooo I put an exhausted Gooner in her bed and started my steamy bath. I layed in the bathtub for 45 minutes. I read my book, and relaxed for a good 45 minutes. It was then time to actually do the necessary things like wash my hair and shave my legs... so I put the soap in my hair and then I heard it. A cry, it started small and then it crescendoed to a mighty roar. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Doing the proper Mom thing I hopped out of the tub and checked on her. She was safe, and just doing a little teething, so I went back to the tub to quickly wash out the soap. I skipped the conditioner - no time with Gooner wailing - and soaped my body. Forget shaving, I'd have to be scratchy. So I rocked Gooner in a towel with my hair dripping. I rubbed some Baby Oragel on her gums and soon she was sleeping. And as I sat with drippy hair I really was thankful. I was cold, and I was frustrated that I was cold and wet and she was crying. Sad that her little gums are sore and that there isn't much I can do for her.




She's becoming a little night owl. She goes to bed later and sleeps later. I don't want to "over use" Grandma so I stopped in at our gym to see what I needed to do to register Gooner for the Kids Zone while Q and I work out. A young girl with super bright blue eyes and blonde hair, completely frazzled, grabbed a sheet of paper and told me to fill it out. "And then bring it when you bring her. We'll keep the paper, I mean, we need it for reference for when she gets hit or falls down."

Um, say what? While I blissfully sweat on the elliptical my baby is blocking blows and falling before she can crawl? That being said I asked Grandma if she'd be willing to be our longterm baby sitter and not surprisingly she said OF COURSE! We were only going to us the Kid Zone if we HAD to, but seriously I'd like her to be older than 6 months before she learns how to rough it on the play ground.


Day 15 of 365

Two mile walk with Q and Gooner

8 comments:

katie said...

oh you are such a good mom hopping out of the shower!

and that is absurd about the gym. good thing there is a grandma close by!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me.. "we'll need this for when she gets hit or falls down" I would've said "YOU better not let that happen!" LOL

Kelley said...

my good friend had these things called teething tabs. They are all natural, perfectly safe, and when I would babysit during the baby's teething moments, they helped soo much! today's my 3rd day at the gym! You are totally my inspiration for working out!

Jackie said...

yikes!

The Mommy said...

I had to hop out of the shower once and stand there naked, wet and freezing and comfort Maggie. It was on Mike's first business trip after she was born and I HAD to shower. He was gone for 4 days and I showered each day, but probably only a total of 5minutes. Mommys know how to speed shower if they have to.

KellBell said...

Those teething tablets Kelley mentioned are called "Highlands Teething Tablets" and you can find them at Target or Walmart. They're much easier than the oragel stuff and you don't have to worry about getting the gel in just the right spot. Happy teething. Joanna's cutting her incisors so as soon as they're through we have a break until the 2 year molars. Yeah!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. That is scary.

leah @maritalbless said...

And so the life of a wonderful mother goes! I love your love for her. :)