Saturday, September 19, 2009

Provision

Worry . . . compromises your joy, cramps your peace, and confines your freedom. June Hunt


So, I don't have a wonderful steaming cup of coffee sitting beside me as I finish my Bible Study and begin to post my thoughts. My life USED to be uber glamorous like that. I lived in Virginia with Q where we would sit on our balcony, eat fresh fruit, sip lattes, watch our flag float in the breeze, and breathe deeply. But now, we have Gooner and those moments still come, albeit LESS often. So today I sit in capri sweats, a tank top, sitting in the nursery doing my devotions at 5 PM while my daughter talks to her Teddy Bear Norman. Life is different as a Mom. It's been challenging finding a "set" time to talk to God. And then I realized that was foolishness anyway since God has a different daytimer than me...


I tend to worry. I don't worry about Q being safe on his way to work, or even Gooner while she sleeps. I TRUST that they will be safe - that Angels will protect them. But give me circumstances and I take worry to a whole new level. We have been working on Q's citizenship, and with that comes bumps in the road and I have trouble letting go. I give it to Him every night and then I wake up and snatch it right back. I do this because He's not working on MY time schedule, He's not working FAST enough for me. Well, if He's NOT going to do it now, then I best worry about it - I say to myself. I must think about it, let it consume me, get ALL worked up, and THEN fall to my knees again because I can't handle this burden I bear.

Matthew 6:27-29

I need not worry; He is in control.


6 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Thanks, I really needed this post tonight.

katie said...

Good post! I worry too and run thoughts in my head instead of taking them captive.

I'll be praying for you guys.

Carlton Mackey said...

It was great to find your blog today. Great posts. I think that there are some things that make us have kindred spirits.

hopeculturelove.blogspot.com

Adie said...

Wow La this post really speaks to me. I am in the same pattern right now. I think the less I feel in control the more control I seek. I really struggle giving my worry over to Him. Why can't we just let go? Thanks for a great post!

Kelley said...

thanks for sharing with us. im praying for you dear. control is one of the hardest things to continually give over. love you.

leah @maritalbless said...

I love the thought of God's daytimer!