-The DIVA cup is a silicone cup used to catch menstruation fluid. It is as simple as that. It is quite bendable - you bend it with your fingers (it will make a U shape) and simply insert. Once it is placed it will pop open.
Pardon me but do you wash it out? or... ?
-Yes you wash it. Once it is full, you gently pull it out from the tail on the bottom, and dump out fluid. You then rinse it in a sink and re-insert. I love this because you don't have to remember tampons and it is always ready. When I am in a public restroom I normally clean it as best I can using a toilet paper. The easiest way to clean it fully is in the shower...at the end just re-insert. I use about one box of tampons a year. MUCH cheaper yah?
What does it do?
-When your menstrual discharge oxidizes, an unpleasant odor is created. The DIVA cup seals off the vagina catching all your menstrual fluid. This allows for NO smell. Once full, the cup is emptied and so it goes...
How much does it cost?
-If you order it online it should cost around $30. If you buy it at a natural health food store you will most likely pay around $40.
Can you feel it?
-Initially I could feel it, but it feels like a tampon - non existent.
Do you change it out during your time?
-You wash it during your time, but you do not need to re-purchase a DIVA cup. You do need to empty it. It you wait too long it will overflow and it has nowhere to go but down. The cup holds about an ounce which is A LOT! (Yes ladies, you can now measure your flow!) I change it about every 4 hours during the first HEAVY day and subsequent days I empty it about every 8 hours. I've even forgotten about it and gone the whole day. The average woman discharges about 3 to 4 ounces of fluid per menstrual cycle.
Can you have sex with it in?
-No.
I saw this thing called ? many years ago and tried it, but didn't like it.
-There used to be a plug that could be inserted into the vagina that would halt flow, or stop it up like a dam. Many women ended up in the emergency room as the plugs got lost OR women got some kind of infections. I'm not sure if you tried this one or not. The DIVA cup is nothing like that.
With your purchase you will receive a little pouch to store it in during the off times and a little pin that says DIVA!
Fun Facts taken from the DIVA box:
*The DIVA cup is a modern concept that was first introduced in the 1930's and used by women worldwide for decades.
*Clean - Comfortable - Convenient
*No leaks. Reliable
*12 hour protection
*Latex and rubber free (hypoallergenic)
*Medical grade silicone
*Not associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome - TSS (WHICH IS HUGE!!!)
4 comments:
I got Toxic Shock (was incredibly sick...almost died) and was very anti tampons for a long time. I will keep this in mind!
La. I hope I do not offend you but I am SO confused by this. Part of me is saying ew gross, the other part is intrigued. I refuse to wear pads (HATED having to wear them after pregnancy). But recently I have been so paranoid about tampons. I am glad you brought it up though because I had never heard about it and it sounds like a safer option. This probably sounds stupid but can it get lost?
this is interesting. maybe i'll give it a whirl. can't hurt....
huh.... you learn something new everyday. haha
Post a Comment