I've always been hypoglycemic. It was NOT fun. I felt like a kid, always needing a snack. I even had trouble while hiking only to be saved by a skittle - meanwhile someone searched for dried mango. Not fun. Remember the
30 Hour Famine you did in youth group? Me, I was never able to do that. Any type of fast....I was never a part of. Until Gooner. The doctors said that pregnancy regulates a hypoglycemic person, and for the first time - in perhaps my life - I felt like a normal person. Seriously. I'd feel hungry, and Q would say in a serious tone, "can you make it home, or do I need to stop somewhere?" That's how bad it was folks; I might not have made it home. And then pregnancy. Lovely pregnancy. I was a little sad of its ending because the docs said I would head back to the land of low blood sugar. It didn't happen; I still fell the new normal! Oh happy days. Hence, detox Thursdays. One day a week Q and I will do a detox by only eating fruits and veggies and by drinking water. The benefits are phenomenal.
Breakfast: Fresh Banana, Nectarine, and Fuji Apple

Lunch: Fresh Tomatoe paired with Steamed Cauliflower and Broccoli

Dinner: Fesh Vegetables on Spinach Greens with Almonds on the side

I have to be honest, it went MUCH better than expected. I thought it was going to be SO HARD. I did crave bread. I wanted to taste it SO BADLY, but I abstained. I'm so proud that we did it and I feel so great!
12 comments:
hummm...something to try!
Maybe I should start doing this every Thursday too...couldn't hurt.
Hmm, I'm tempted to try this! You will lose your baby weight in no time! Are there enough calories there to still make enough milk breast feeding?
There was enough because I am only doing it one day a week. I won't be so strict every day; that baby needs some milk fat.
Mmmm..is that a home grown tomato? Ahhh, my addiction right now! They are wonderful!
That's pretty cool about your detox! I had heard bout the hypoglycemia evening out with pregnancy and I'm so glad it hasn't returned yet!
Thanks so much for the well wishes on the house! It meant alot!
WOW great job!!
OOoh I like this idea! I'm so glad that you've stayed at a regular blood sugar!
Looks good! Congrats it is tough!
hmmm....i have no will power....i need to work on that. I have a hard time saying no to my friend, mr. bread.
I'm with Kelley. Mr. Bread is hard to resist. At the same time, I will have to plan to try this! Any tips? I hate fresh tomatoes and bananas.
Yum, that looks good! I think I could handle one day a week...maybe. ;o) I've been thinking about doing the water/lemon/maple syrup/cayenne pepper cleanse, have you heard of it? Anyhow, at least with yours, you can still EAT, just good, healthy foods! Love it! I would try this waaay before I'll ever try the Diva cup. I'm just sayin'. :o)
Post a Comment