Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Any Divas Out There? *

TMI - Men, be warned, you might want to stop reading.

Seriously.

I've loved many a things about motherhood and pregnancy, but there is one particular friend whose absence I have not missed. She is referred to by many names, but I call her my monthly visitor, although it's been over a year since her last visit.

Alas though, she will return soon. In honour of her return, I need to make certain preparations. I have moved since her last visit, and things are misplaced. Even though I am breast feeding, I know she won't be gone for long, sigh.

I have ONE saving grace: The Diva Cup
It is AMAZING. The first time I used it, 5 years ago, I almost passed out. I'd gotten it in, and then FREAKED out; I was petrified the it would continue upward on its journey. I had visions of it getting lost, and finding myself in the emergency room, where a MALE would stick huge tweezers up me and fish it out. After one day I was over it, and decided to try again on another visit.

Month two went MUCH better. I could still feel it, but I think I felt it MOSTLY in my brain, and less in my nether regions.

Month three. AMAZING. I didn't feel it, and used it the whole time, except for the last day where well you know... I've never gone back. Oh how I love my Diva.

And then Gooner came a'callin'. I've wider hips, so it is time to order a NEW one. Yay!

So WHY did I DIVA? Back in the day I wanted abroad experience; Peace Corps here we come. During one of the interviews I was asked if any countries were off limits.

Me: Any country that does NOT have access to tampons.
Her: Excuse me?
Me: I'm not doing pads/diapers in a 3rd world country. Not happening.
Her: Have you tried the Diva cup?
Me: What?
Her: Most of the women in this program used something called The Diva Cup

And so it began and let me tell ya ladies, I truly have NEVER looked back. My favorite part about it all is how easy it is. Less smell, less money, less everything. Running with my Diva is also so much easier. You can go for much longer periods of time without changing your tampon.

And there you have it. Any questions?




*I will answer all questions in tomorrows post.

13 comments:

Kara said...

I use the diva too - I LOVE it! so much cheaper, less waste, cleaner, more practical, healthier... what's not to love? :)

Anonymous said...

I've read about this once. But, never have I seen one or knew of someone who used it. How on earth does this work? Excuse my dumbness!

katie said...

I have never used one. I might have to though... Pardon me but do you wash it out? or... ?

amy (metz) walker said...

I've never in my life heard of this!!!

Sassytimes said...

I need more details...how does it work? What does it do? Umm..do you clean it?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Yes, details please! I just don't get it. : )

Kelley said...

la,
i think only one time you shared to me about this. but i never knew it had a name. i am quite interested in this thing called the diva. how much does it cost? can you feel it? do you change it out during your time? etc. etc.

Unknown said...

i've never heard of it! interesting post topic. if i wasn't using my minena i'd be curious to try!

(can you have sex with it in? i assume not)

Kelley said...

hmm interesting! I saw this thing called the instead many years ago and tried it, but didn't like it. I have a mirena so it's I don't have a super heavy period anymore....maybe in the future!

beckylbranch said...

Wow...I have never heard of this...I am going to google it now! That is crazy!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

p.s. i've always loved your signature. but how do you make it transparent?!? i thought mine was but now i'm stumped! :)

Jess said...

No way! This is something that is new to me! Never heard of it. Even though I have awhile until that loveliness happens again, I'm curious now...

BTW - love reading your posts. I've been an avid reader and following you since your Q dating days. I keep meaning to ask Mom what your baby's real name is... =)