
Yah, that's me watching my man play some wicked soccer. I am used to being the solo wife at practices and games. Lots of women stop going to these events after they get married. And the girlfriends, um, well they aren't so nice and social... At this practice all the guys stared at Gooner and I as we sat, watched, and then walked out to take some in-action photos. Too bad I don't care, stare away, I've got handsome to watch!
Way back in the day, before Gooner, Q and I dreamed of this:

I always wanted a little buddy to sit with me in the stands. Actually, I don't sit in the stands. All of us - WAGS - protect our derrières by sitting in a camping/sports chair. I USED to sit on the hard bleachers, until one wife took pity on me and lent me an extra one of hers. I never went back. Q bought me a chair that week. We saw one this past week that had a canopy on top. We live in Texas; I need that chair.
He looks awesome yah? Look at that form!

It was great to be back sitting on the side watching my man. I'd truly missed these family outings. What we didn't fully realize was how NASTY the Texas heat is. He was sweating buckets, and I declared a SONIC run on our way home. The guys told Q that it takes about 2 months for a man to get used to playing in this heat. The team has practice twice a week and games begin in August...hmmmmmmmm...icky heat.
13 comments:
Aww! I miss sitting next to you! We had such a great team out here - we had a lot of wives coming. But I was dubbed the "homeless fan" one winter when I was the only fan out there in the middle of January - I wrapped myself up so well that I really did look like a homeless person. Way to go #1 fan!
How fun! He does have great form. :)
Good luck in the heat - I found that yesterday, if I didn't move, the heat was bearable. Haha..
Steal away!
And I hope the head adjustment comes swiftly!
Aww you guys are such a cute family!!!
Yay, soccer! Fun to watch-and play. I've been kicking the ball around with Mr. P...we have a blast. Maybe someday I'll get him on a team! :o) (Mom's can dream, right?)
I go to my husband's games too, and all but one time, I have been the only wife there. I don't get it...
I know what you mean about sitting in the bleachers alone, and hateful girlfriends. My husband use to play semi-pro football and I would travel to all the practices and far away games and such, and would often end up getting candy for the diabetic player, or keeping the water full because no other wives came. Oh well. GO YOU! for supporting your man.
I've been doing horribly at commenting - but I always always read. So glad you're having fun with gooner already!
Looks like you have one great baby! She just goes with the flow!
gooner's cheeks are so cute. i am going to the post office tomorrow to send some love gooner's way!
good for you to support your man!!!
Happy First Father's Day to Q.
Glad you have something to do together as a family! Keep it up!
Jean
Post a Comment