You're a Dad now. BIG shocker. I love dreaming about the future with you; I love how these dreams have changed over time. When we met, I dreamed of one day dating you.
Me single (roomie and I saw this on the curb...I did NOT use a dating service...Ever):

You single:

When we dated, I dreamed of the day I would become your wife.
As a wife, I dreamed of filling our nest with lil' babies. My every dream has come true with you.
I knew you would be a good Dad, yet I wasn't prepared for the extreme depth of my feelings the first time you held our little girl. It was amazing and I feel that way still when you hold her.

I loved how we spent three days in the hospital calling our girl Gooner. No one else but YOU would nick-name a girl Gooner.

She's a lot like like you. She likes to stare and think... just like you. And CLEARLY she feels right at home on the soccer field. It doesn't matter that she doesn't fit into her first set of "boots"; she loves THE GAME.

I'm glad we documented this blowout nappy. Babies need their Dads. I KNOW what everyone says - that at THIS age babies need their Mom's and that Dad's are irrelevant - but that is just not true. Gooner needs you. I LOVE how playful you are with her, even though I give you a hard time about it. I love you, and I love the father you are.

Happy Fathers Day Q! You are my love. You are the Dad to our little one. Thank you for ALL your help, and love.
Love Always,
La.
8 comments:
Okay, you were a GORGEOUS bride!!! and Gooner is so precious in those pictures. I love her expressions. Adorable.
Who says babies don't need their fathers? Hmm...I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing better than seeing your hubby hold/snuggle with your little baby.
I loved this post! I feel lthis way about my husband. It makes me so happy when he plays with the girls and you can see the extreme love in his eyes. When this feeling becomes overwhelming I will sometimes tell him that I love how he loves the babies I made him.;) (I know we both made them, but I did a lot of the initial work ;))
So sweet!!
LOVE this!!
I'm finally somewhat back in the land of the living. Baby E is great, but two is so much harder than one...but in a good way!
Love the wedding pic! & all the baby pics too :-)
Awww....what a sweet post. I bet he is a great father..What a special day. :)
Happy 1st Father's Day
AF
That was such a sweet post; I almost got misty eyed. Happy 1st father's day to your hunny bunny. he's very lucky to have a bride as sweet as you :)
Post a Comment