Friday, May 29, 2009

Fitness Friday

The fun has begun. Gooner is out. My body is mine! Well, of course I DO provide my daughter with awesome sustenance BUT still, I can do crunches, planks, push ups, and walks! I was quite disappointed, the day after birth, to find out that I had only lost 5 lbs. How could this happen? Um, Gooner weighed 8.67 pounds. Seriously. I didn't get it. I SHOULD be at least 8.6t - at the very least - lighter. Ha. Clearly I had forgotten my TWO days of labor which equaled TWO days of IV fluids. I think my whole body was swollen with water! So now, with a happily shrinking belly, I am down 17 pounds. This is fabulous! Being as I am nursing I haven't cut back all that much; I just stop when I'm satisfied. I've been working out, ran 4 miles the other day. Just kidding. Haha. We have been going on many walks and I think that helps. My ankles are now my own, and I am officially out of maternity clothing. It feels amazing. Q rewarded my hardwork with a super yummy French treat that he grew up with in Paris: le petit écolier



SOOOOO yummy! Sooooooooooooooooooooo good! Thank you Q for introducing me to this lovely delicacy!

4 comments:

katie said...

Oooo that treat looks divine!

I had to read that line twice where you said you are working out.... I was like "oh cool....WAIT... I think its too soon" and then I read it again and I thought "ahhh she said just kidding!" I'm blaming that on being Saturday morning...

Have some great weekend walks with Gooner!

Unknown said...

Oh man, me too! I couldn't believe I hadn't lost even as much as Shiloh weighed! I think you're awesome for getting back into working out so quickly. You deserve yummy treats.

Jessica said...

It is strange that when you give birth to your child you still end up with this jelly belly. That was the biggest shock to me because it's something no one thinks to tell you.
Way to go for getting back to working out this quick!

Jamie said...

Yea for you! Yummy treats and having your ankles back...must have been a great moment!