Wednesday, May 6, 2009

38 Week Gooner Update

She isn't here. Oh how I want her to be.

I am NOT, I repeat, NOT dilated any further than last week.

All my contractions? Beginning stages of labor. I was hoping for being in the middle of labor.

I was offered another induction. I painfully denied another induction. We did schedule an induction if she decides to ripen after the fact.

Although I feel like a heifer...Gooner appears to be about 7 pounds. SO glad she doesn't take after me - I was 9 pounds when I saw the light of the day!

She is STILL head down, beautifully unbreeched, YET still happy AND content to swim....in circles - lest you think I meant swim on out.

5 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Hang in there! You still have two more weeks to 'cook' her. Just keep telling yourself, the longer she cooks, the better for her. I remember feeling like you've had enough though. I went into labor ON MY DUE DATE! I was never dilated until that morning.

Sounds like she'll be coming soon...my advice; walk, bounce on a ball (that's what worked for Sophia) and...eh hmmmm... ;)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Good advice; I haven't tried the ball yet! One of the nurses told me to eat spicy food, um, has she not heard of the 9th month acid reflux plague? Apparently not.

Anonymous said...

Not too much longer hopefully!

The Mommy said...

I'm also in the "beginning stages of labor". I'm dilated/effaced more than I was when I was induced with Maggie. I'm tired, have acid reflux and feel like I could pee constantly!
Just keep reminding yourself that She WILL COME. I'll be praying for you.

Unknown said...

COME OUT, GOONER!!!