
We couldn't leave without at least one visit to Mt. Vernon; especially since Mt. Vernon was oh, um within walking distance from our apartment... Awesome yah? So we went. Photos weren't allowed inside the house BUT seeing George Washington's room was pretty cool. What wasn't cool... tourists. There were massive amounts of tour busses full of junior high stinky boys and preppy girls arriving at the same time as us. Really? In March? Come on!!!!

What was cool...seeing a "tongue" for dinner at the Washington home. Of course it was fake and all but the students REALLY wanted to know from what animal did said tongue come from? Of course the reenactment lady had no clue and was nonplussed to be caught without a ready made answer. I wanted to laugh as Q and I were quickly ushered SINGLE FILE through the estate.

More up to date news: I. Feel. Huge. Yup. It has hit me. I'm super duper pregnant and I feel it. Nope, I'm still not swollen but my belly feels and pretty much looks massive. The end is in sight, yay! Now don't get me wrong, I am cherishing this little miracle within. But remember Gooner's personal space issue? Well, the more I grow - the tighter the waist band on my AWESOME maternity pants get - the more she kicks at the waist line. This needs to stop folks! Sadly it won't...at least not for a few more weeks.
1 comment:
Mt. Vernon sounds like fun! Way back when I was a freshman in high school I was a D.C. area tourist.
I totally get he "huge" feeling. I feel like a total blimp! Baby E is startong to expand my belly on the sides too. I have lots of discomfort like she's trying to stretch completely out. All in all, I'm cherishing this just in case this is our last pregnancy.
Post a Comment