Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gooner, why dost thou wish to stay in me?


Mom cross stitched this for ME. It is now in Gooner's nursery. Her nursery appears to have become Victorian themed? BUT, just you wait until you see her awesome changing table pads. Yah, truly awesome. Mom and I made it. Heh. Well SHE made it, BUT I picked out the fabric - that counts for something!

Handsome and I tried a new church today and we LOVED it. Yay! That being said EVERYONE stares at the pregnant lady. It is so sad because I'm not trying to be huge, I just am. All strangers ask the same question in varying ways but they all mean: YOU are about to POP lady! They aren't asking when I will be meeting my little miracle. No, they are asking if I'm going to have the baby extricated soon, for fear I will explode near them. Remember that quote, something about no wrath exists like that of a woman scorned? Ha, what about a PREGNANT WOMAN IN HER 9th MONTH SCORNED? I don't know... just sayin'... move out of my way!

I no longer need a napkin in my lap. I don't have a lap anymore, I have a belly that RESTS upon my lap. Has Gooner "dropped?" I prefer to use medical terms so I sound smart. I'm so glad for baby forums because I don't know 75% of all baby terms. I won't gross you out too much, but it was only recently that I learned words like dilated, effaced, m. plugs, transverse... I knew you had to have some of these terms to have a baby but I didn't really know what they mean. Now I do.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I try as hard as I can to avoid pregnancy terms. They scare me. And my Bean.

Kelley said...

almost here!! :)

The Writer Chic said...

Congrats on your soon-to-make-her-appearance-we-hope baby girl. =)

The Mommy said...

Don't you just love the looks people give you!? They act like you actually will explode near them!!

Suz said...

You know, I have been one of those people to make comments like that to preg friends or fam and it never occurred to me how that comes across until now. I was wearing a tighter fitting maternity tank to the movies the other night and my brother in law was in line a few people behind us and this lady said, wow, she looks like she's going to pop any day. Sad to think I still have 5 - 7 weeks to go! ha

I sure hope I don't have a baby explosion! haha

Adie said...

I would love the name of the book that works you up from walking to running! Hope you are feeling well.