Saturday, March 21, 2009

I found this...


in the freezer. No, I am not "nesting." I'm cleaning. Q and I are very clean, neat, and organized. I also hate mushrooms and the only reason I EVER cook with them is because my amazing husby loves them. That being said, I normally keep the fungus sequestered in a separate shroom container, in a special spot so they don't get lost, or opened, or ANYTHING else that could happen causing them to infect our other frozen food.

We are careful. This is especially true because we receive much of our meat still bleeding, as I'm from the Midwest where we hunt for our food and then eat it. I WAS going to go boar hunting with Q and Dad in Texas, but Dad said that he didn't want to risk delivering Gooner in a turkey blind; I don't know what all the fuss is about.

All this to say I was annoyed with the shroom in the freezer, and then I HAD to laugh about it. Gooner is totally going to rock my world.

3 comments:

The Mommy said...

Interesting.
Mike will totally go boar hunting with Q and your dad and take your place. He wants to go boar hunting SO bad...and has the perfect gun for it.

Sassytimes said...

So...was that mushroom just chillin' by itself in there? Not wrapped in anything? Odd.

La. said...

Oh yah, it was 100% on its own! I don't know how it got there! It was totally hiding underneath a bag of tater tots!