Monday, March 2, 2009

Buckwheat Honey and other ramblings...

Chp.5 - The Breakthrough Phase (from Love and Respect)

La: The real title has to do with doormats and not getting it. I didn't like it, so for our purposes we are calling it the breakthrough phase. But even with the new name we didn't get much out of the chapter. We KNOW the book will get better in the second part but for now...
I married a man who loves me so much! I really can't relate to some of these women who wrote in saying they married a dead beat man whom they can't respect and therefore get no love! I just don't get it, and that's ok.

Q: What I gleaned from this chapter is the fact that we, men, should try to understand what our wives are trying to communicate to us in the heat of an argument, instead of what they are saying.
------------------------------------

So, the other day we ran out of honey. To remedy this factor, Q and I headed to our mostest favoritest store of all time, Whole Foods. There was so much honey! We spent a lot of time looking at bottles and sadly turned down a $42.99 jar of New Zealand honey. HA, who would pay that? We decided to go with a honey we'd never tried, Buckwheat Honey. It was VERY dark and looked like mollassas. We arrived home and googled Buckwheat, I mean, what does buckwheat look like after all? Apparently this:


After tasting the honey, Q said poetically, "Buckwheat honey is to Guinness what Clover honey is to Budweiser!"

I was once again reminded that Gooner could have crazy hair. Eeeeeeeep!

4 comments:

The Mommy said...

I didn't know you were a honey lover! Maggie likes honey in her tea when she's sick...it's like taking care of a grandma or something!!

Lori said...

Ha! I like to drizzle honey on my toast - Is that weird?

Anonymous said...

What do you know about Guiness & Budweiser?

M

Taryn said...

I liked your synopsis of love and respect- we just finished it at church. It is a different take on relationships, but I think there is a lot of truth in there.