I dislocated my hip. Wonderful. Not really, we are talking Major Ouch! So, I spent some time in a form of traction at the chiropractor. Ugh. It was not pleasant. Gooner did NOT like the contraption that she and I were suspended upon. My leg was pulled, my lower back was pulled, it did not feel good. I do not feel good. I do feel better sitting on a corn bag. Q has been amazing. He's been waiting on me, hand and foot, AND he made me supper and delivered it to me. Yes you read that correctly. He MADE my dinner and DELIVERED it to me. I love him.
This week was my last week of teaching. Due to the fact that I teach University students I normally keep my age a secret (you know I want to keep the whole authority and respect factor present). SO, I had the students guess. One student guessed 40! He actually thought I was 40 years old! Really? Do I look 40? Yes, right now I am walking like I am 80, BUT come on! If you DO think I look like I'm 40... please don't comment. I LOVE your comments, they make me so incredibly happy, BUT my poor ego couldn't possibly take any more. I'm rounding to 7 months here, dislocated my hip, can hardly walk AND look 40. Um, well, you know what I'm getting at here...
6 comments:
you do NOT look 40. My experience with this is that men are terrible at approximating ages. Or at least my husband and father are both bad at it.
So don't take him too seriously.
Sorry about the hip! That sounds miserable. :(
At least you teach kids of that age. When I used to teach 3rd grade I would have them guess my age. Many guessed I was between 45-50. I was only 21 at the time. (Thanks guys.) Anyhoo- I hope you (and Gooner) are feeling much better
I don't think you look forty!!
I hate to tell you this, but I feel like my body aged at least 20-30 years the first few months after childbirth! Something about caring for and carrying around a little baby made my body hurt. I had a bad ankle (from bouncing), bad wrist (from holding) and a horrible back from 14 hours in the bed after my c-section. You're probably much more fit than I was, but beware.
If you are 40 I hate to even think what that makes me.
So glad you are getting better.
Mom
Working in a shapeless dress and bonnet never help people guess your age appropriately, but they seem more willing to guess without being prompted. Small children generally guess 30+. People my age and older generally guess 16. I hope you're feeling better.
Clarissa
One word: chocolate. Indulge. :)
Mer
Post a Comment