Thursday, February 12, 2009

344th and a Give Away?

That's right. I have posted a whopping 344 times on this blog. You've had LOADS of time to get to know me. We're best friends right?

Q and I got a wedding gift in the mail today. I will give you one clue. I've already read the book. It was both good and bad. Not surprisingly though, I got super annoyed. So....I started blogging and I dared Q to dare me to post it as my first ever give away...I mean people do this on blogs all the time. Of course Q did NOT dare me knowing that I'd accept, as I almost always take dares. Ah husband, you know me so well! But, if YOU would like our extra wedding gift, you can enter (leave me a comment and let me know if you are interested) into this pseudo give away. I might even write something super intriguing in the cover.

I'm reading The Iliad. It is my bath time book. It really is an awesome chef d'oeuvre. It should be a movie. I love movies like 300, Troy, Gladiator, Braveheart and the such. My husband finds this VERY attractive as I DO know how to wield a bow and arrow in real life... How awesome to have a battle of "the gods" and a battle of "man"...at the same time...all for us to witness. Best war classic EVER. Could be the next best movie...IF Peter Jackson finds it... It's good we aren't having a son, or he might be named Zeus cloudgatherer, Ajax or Ares. Instead she could be Hecuba (mother of Hector), Helen or even Andromache (wife of Hector.)

7 comments:

The Mommy said...

Now I can't wait to find out what Gooner's real name will be!!

Anonymous said...

Gooner isn't the real name?

Lori said...

I LOVE those types of movies - Big fan...Sometimes I just get in the mood for blood & guts, & my husband loves it too :-) I'm all about action too, like the Bourne series - Love it!

Unknown said...

I bet it's the Mr. Darcy smut book. Speaking of, I discovered something that made me HOWL the other day:
www.bookbyyou.com/romance

Meghann said...

I think you should name her Hecuba. it's perfect.

Angie said...

I just want to know the name of the book. :)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Ha. Admit it Ang, you want to know Gooners name too... The book is

"The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young