*Kweku proposed!
*I became Mrs. Kweku. SUPER AWESOME!
*My sister moved to the Philippines (VERY hard to say goodbye)
*We began the citizenship process
*We are blessed by Baby Gooner
Kweku and I are so glad that it is 2009! Why?
*We officially meet Baby Gooner
*If all goes as planned/wished/hoped/fervently prayed for Permanent Citizenship for Kweku
*Kweku gets to WORK!!!
Most of the time I refrain from getting *too* personal on the blog front. But I shall dive somewhat deeper into our lives. Even before we got married, Kweku and I began his US citizenship process...it hasn't been easy. We spent months, weeks, days, waiting for paperwork; and finally the paper work came. We have an appointment this month!
Spending so much time waiting CAN create stress, and Kweku and I learned to "Seize the Day!" Every day. Every moment. Every minute. We spent time today reflecting on just how happy we are, with where we are. We take joy in the small things, and in spending time with each other.
And today we bought Kweku's "Turf boots!" Yay, and to document our excitement:

Ok, ok, now for the SERIOUS one!!!
8 comments:
OK, I have a dumb mom question. What are turf boots?
Mom
Thank you for stopping by my blog! Good luck with 2009 and baby!
(btw-- my first comment had a typo so I deleted it ;))
2009 is going to be such an exciting year for you!!!
Turf boots are soccer boots designed specifically for turf and hard surface fields.
Your happiness is infectious. How can anyone NOT leave your blog with a new dose of joy?
Happy 2009!!!
P.S. Staring is a given at Babies R Us!! It is overwhelming the first time you go! You can always change things online though, which saves you another trip! I changed ours numerous times!
A friend of mine has a blog that she writes with another friend and they refrain from giving their kids names when they write about them. Walnut, Peanut and Cashew are my friend Amy's kids and String Bean is my friend Mandie's daughter. So you can just continue to call her Gooner after she makes her appearance.
Post a Comment