Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dare I Say It...?

New Year's Resolutions? Normally, I'm not one for meditating for hours on a decision. I know what I want right away. I am NEVER shy of an opinion, and I have no qualms of sharing it...sometimes to my detriment. BUT, on New Years Eve, I wasn't quite ready to bust out my journal and list my top tens of 2009, which I've done since like 1988. Together, Kweku and I thought of 3 things we would like to devote serious time on in 2009:

1. Our marriage. Oh, how I love this man! We've purchased the book Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. The Love She Most Desires/The Respect He Desperately Needs

We are each going to post our reflections on what we've read each week!
I am SO excited!!! And we are excited about your thoughts as well!

2. Reading together. No, not watching TV together while I check blogs, and he catches up on the latest soccer stats, but Kweku reading to me in his DEEP voice. We began reading The Hobbit before we were married, and it still isn't finished. We'd like to finish this book and carry on with others!

3. Study French together one day a week. He really is the best teacher ever cause he knows me best! He knows how to challenge me and give me encouragement at just the right times.

On a lighter note Gooner is up and kicking. She is now listening to Yo-Yo Ma in hopes that she falls asleep again...

2 comments:

Mark Aubrey said...

I checked out the Love & Respect book from our church library earlier this year. It is a very interesting read, although it seems that Dr. Eggerichs pounds the points of Love and Respect home very frequently. But, that is the title and point of the book.

Some good stuff in there, though.

I learned some things. I hope you two do as well.

amy (metz) walker said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog! I love "meeting" new people so I'm glad you said hi! My husband and I could definitely use some qt at night instead of him watching sports center and me checking blogs! Seems like some great goals to me...good luck!