Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cardio: A thing of the past... for now

I miss running. I really do. BEFORE Gooner I ran a lot, and was training for a race... a mini marathon. Then we went on a Pack Trip...you remember the trip. I met my blogger friend Meghann IN PERSON, and went camping. (Love it when blog friends turn into REAL friends.)

On the way down, pulled a tendon. Couldn't run. Began the road to recovery.

And then there was GOONER! Wahoo. BUT, by the time I COULD run, I wasn't supposed to because I hadn't been...

I have an awesome preggo workout video. With this, my heart rate TOTALLY rises, BUT not because of anything super strenuous. Nope, my heart rate rises because completely normal things, like squatting, take SO MUCH MORE WORK. Ugh. I just want to run.

Hmmmmmmmm, so Baby Gooner should weigh about a pound and a half. I totally think this entitles me to a brownie....?

5 comments:

The Mommy said...

A brownie...or two. I've been wanting a brownie all day.

Unknown said...

Yes, you should definitely have a brownie. Good for you.

Running is so hard when you have basically not done it in a year. But it will be worthwhile when the weather warms up. For now, I am having to content myself with walking, mostly.

Sassytimes said...

Ugh...brownies are my weakness!!! Except when I was pregnant, I lost my sweet tooth. So, since then, I've just been making up for lost time.

Kelley said...

remember when we use to blend brownies into drinks. maaybbbe instead of eating it you can blend it with some creme base. it has been a joy seeing you in the mornings again... goonest will be able to handle it :)

Anonymous said...

Try running in a pool. I did that in NE - at the good ol' Fremont Y. Back in the day. Anyway - it helped. The worst part was getting out. Belly felt like a ton once it hit air on the steps without the water to support it. Still - it was a good thing, and a great workout.

Mer