My belly button?
No girls, but you have the right idea.
A few years back, while studying in Russia, a bunch of us decided to "do something crazy." Hmmmmmmmm, I'm generally not one to follow a crowd. At first, we girls wandered around Pekrofkskaya Ulitza (Pedestrian Street) talking about tattoos. I was NOT about to get a tattoo, and even if I were, I would NOT get one in the former Soviet Union! Someone had the bright idea of getting a piercing. What!? I didn't even have my ears pierced back then!
So I got my belly pierced. Awesome. The first time, the needle was too dull. Ouch. The second time, new needle went in unhindered. At that point in my life I was SUPER THIN and had VERY LITTLE fat and so the piercing was difficult on my 5 pack abs. Please note the passive voice as baby girl Gooner has completely taken over my middle.
Anyway, after the piercing I knew that ONE DAY I would get pregnant and the ring would come out.
The ring came out today. Sad day? Nope. I sort of felt a bit of the past float away as I slid out my pregnancy ring. A right of passage? Perhaps.
I'm a Mom now; I love it.
5 comments:
And this is just the first in a series of many things that will change. . . but they're all amazing!!!
I must say I am relieved. Once a mom always a mom.
Mom/Grandma
Welcome to Mommyhood! The greatest blessing one can be given.
Now we need a belly pic to go with that story!!! just kidding!
The scar from my belly button ring gave me a stretch mark. But then, it's a stretch mark in the company of dozens of its friends.
Post a Comment