
My craving, while in Texas, was Sonic's Cherry Limeaid Drink. YUMMY! My Mom bought me a LARGE drink every happy hour, every day. It was so great. I'm certain I gained 5 lbs. in cherry extract alone! Seriously though, I miss Sonic. I also miss slower life and all that jazz. At heart I am just not a city gal!
I am so excited about Gooner. Although, I have had one vote that we call her Goonette and one vote for GoonEss. Still, knowing the gender has me all psyched up. SO, Kweku and I began working on our Babies R Us Gift registry. Oh dear. Babies need so much stuff! Of all the stuff I don't know what she needs! And there is SO MUCH PINK! I can't even find gender neutral yellow, which is my favorite color. Can our little girl have a blue and gray stroller? I found only ONE I liked. Who knew I was so picky... ;)
And get this, Kweku has a MIDNIGHT indoor soccer game. MIDNIGHT! This preggo lady is going to stay at home. Sorry folks, this fan won't be taking any photos tonight. Nope, nope, nope. I will be sleeping. But it makes me sad; I LOVE going to soccer games. Wait. I love going to Kweku's soccer games. I have standards.
I logged onto Baby Center and everyone wanted to know if I was on Team Pink or Team Blue. I declined to comment . . . Team Pink? I love my baby girl, but I did NOT join Team Pink. Pink is not my favorite color and it's cliche. Sad. Circles. Butterflies. And cliches...I abhor. Alas, Gooner WILL wear pink; she just won't wear ONLY pink.
6 comments:
Who knew you were so picky? I think I knew that.
I think I've had my Sonic quota for the year.
Love, Mom
I would go with neutral necessities...like strollers, carseats, etc. That way, if you have Gooner #2 and it happens to be a boy, you won't have to buy all new stuff...or have him riding in style in a pink stroller! ;-) Neutrals are also easier to resell.
I agree with you...just because they are girls, doesn't mean they only wear pink.
Register for this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2402051
We've used it since the day we brought Sophia home and she still loves it to this day...5+ months later. Great toy that gets used for a long time...unlike so many others you buy.
You have me SO excited about hopefully finding out our baby's sex this week! Pink is so NOT my favorite color, but I swear everything that Maggie wore for the first six months seemed to be pink and it grew on me. It was all gifts, but I prefer purple.
I went with gender neutral stroller and car seat, but a few pink accessories are also nice so that strangers aren't constantly asking if the baby's a boy or a girl. Although, even in a dress, someone would always comment to me on my cute little boy!
My craving this pregnancy has been sweet tea and I'm attributing all of my weight gain to that.
Thanks ladies! As new parents this is all so daunting!!! I appreciate all your advice!
Mom, does this mean when Gooner and I visit in the summer I have to buy my own Sonic?
When you visit I might be able to spring for Sonic as long as we continue to go when they are half price. You know I don't like to pay full price for anything!!!!
Mom
Some friends of mine had a girl and red was the color of choice. Pink was definitely not what she wanted. Although Ruby does wear pink, it tends to be of the pink and brown or other pinks combos of the same nature. She never really wore anything that was the nauseating infant pastel pink.
Post a Comment