Sunday, December 28, 2008

Embarrassed ?

While in the land of mostly nice people, Texas, mi madre and mi padre took us to the Half Price book store; where we went crazy and bought a lot of cheap books. And me - LOVING JANE AUSTIN - all but swooned when I saw Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife: Pride and Prejudice continues. MY DAD bought me the book, and I began it's ridiculousness on the plane. (More on that later).

So we woke up at 4 am in order to begin our journey back home. That being said, we were exhausted and managed to sleep most of the way home. That is UNTIL we tried to land at Reagan where, just as we were about to land, the pilot pulled on the plane, and we rapidly ascended into the clouds at break neck speed. Gooner was NOT happy. In fact he/she kicked so hard I had tears in my eyes. I think it was more the force, mixed with freaked out baby, so I began rubbing my belly, and of course this stopped the freakish movement inside me. On the other hand, this caused a whirlwind of commotion and we became the center of attention. The stewardess, as well as passengers, ALL craned their necks in order to get a look at "the belly." Are you ok? How far along are you? What name choices do we have? Was he/she kicking? Is it a he or a she? la. la. la. It was all very sweet, yet at the same time difficult. I was cramping up and I hurt.

So we arrived home and did some grocery shopping. And then I needed a bath, to you know, relax and reward a tiring day. I grabbed my book, and headed for the steamy bubbles. My book was not good. I made it to pg. 54 and they were STILL detailing the wedding night. My goodness, I'd gotten my Dad to buy me written porn!!!! Some may call it smut, but whatever. While studying in Russia I did my HUGE paper on "written porn during the Soviet era and its effect on women today." I knew what I had in my possession, and it wasn't anything Jane Austin would have been proud of. Ugh. Sad. A waste of a dollar fifty.

On a happier note.... Mom made THIS


for Kweku. Being as he is officially part of the family, he got his own sock! Mom spent a lot of time on it; it is LOVELY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the book but at least it was a cheap one.

The stocking was fun. I guess I need to get started on one for Gooner. Hmmm.

Unknown said...

Haha. That reminds me of the heaving bosoms you read to me about that one time. I still think about that and laugh from time to time.