The orchard was beautiful and we can't wait to go back in May to pick berries. All this to say, the Orchard was the high light and the Maze was not. The drive down to the orchard was lovely. The trees were so dense that the roads were covered with tall branches. It was so beautiful!
We arrived at the Farm and waited out the rain in the barn. Soon the "farm" opened, we paid our fee, and we embarked on the greatest expedition matched only by the flop of the show Robinson Crusoe. Sensing the impending downpour... see photo below... we began with the corn maze. Having experienced fabulous corn mazes in the past, I felt terrible that this was to be Kweku's first corn experience. The stalks were pushed over so we could see ALL the paths, therefore making a quick escape through the maze EASY! In the middle of the "difficult" maze, the sky poured on us, which in fact helped make the maze a little more fun. I DID enjoy the rain with Kweku, and man oh man, I fall more in love with him EVERY DAY!

We did not appreciate the magnanimous fee to enter the "Harvest Extravaganza" and all in all I was highly disappointed. After our rain out, the park closed, and we drove home in wet clothing. Thankfully the drive was a mere 1 1/2 hours, BUT with wet jeans, I was slightly annoyed. I was even more annoyed with stupid drivers. Why would you brake if there is no one ahead of you? Or why would you drive in the left lane causing traffic if you like to eat peanuts while trying to see through your fogged up window?
We DID find Kettle Corn, Peach Jam, and a pumpkin perfect for carving. I am excited about introducing the fabulous taste of Pumpkin seeds to Kweku. It was great to get away from the city and to be with friends... but next time we are trying a different maze!
1 comment:
Ive always wanted to go to a corn maze! Fun! :)
Post a Comment