Korean Sweet Potato Cake which looks super tasty, but really just tastes like sweet mashed potatoes with frosting. I ate one bite and then "saved" the rest for my husband, but it was so nasty that I didn't bring it home and make Kweku partake of it.

I was also forced to try a sweet bean ball. SICK! It was so nasty. I can't tell you how much I gagged, of course internally as ALL the students were staring at me, waiting for me to smile and say, "I LOVE it." I said, no thank you.

I also tried Korean "Aloe" pop. In Korean the bottle says, "a sweet pop with CRUNCHY bits of aloe." And it was mostly true. It is a thick super sweet syrup with slimy chunks of Aloe Very plant floating in it. Once again I almost gagged and was forced to stuff a pretzel in my mouth.

Of course there are Korean delicacies that I DO like. I like the baked Korean Sweet potato, chocolate filled something, Korean persimmons, Korean super nut coffee cake and the list goes on. But the bad stuff is really wild and I REALLY don't like it.
3 comments:
The cake looks delightful! Too bad it was nasty. :) Have a great weekend!!
Hey we just tried the aloe drink here. We actually liked it. Our kind tasted like white grape juice with chunks in it. Not too bad with food but I wouldn't want to drink it alone I think.
That cake does look amazingly tasty. I would have been so disappointed.
Post a Comment