Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mistah Bennett!












Saturday marked the monumental first day of the Book Review Committee. Our theme is book to movie, ie: we read the book and then meet to watch the film. It was a lovely evening of Pride and Prejudice. I hosted my first party as a married woman and it was LOVELY! There was much talking, laughing, and watching. It was VERY girly and I loved it! We made fun of Mrs. Bennett and rolled our eyes at Lydia. I of course have a special fondness for Mr. Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennett as it is the running joke among friends that Kweku and I are much like this couple. He is quiet, stoic and once his "good opinion is lost, it is lost forever." And I say it like it is, to whomever it is, no matter the consequence. We all agreed that Jane was not pretty enough and looked like an animal, perhaps a giraffe. Charlotte had a mouth problem, and Mr. Collins looked slimy and stinky.

BUT, the next book on our list is the Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So funny. You know my love for P&P, so this was a great blog. I, too, have always thought Jane was poorly cast. She's not quite pretty-- has a flat face, weird neck, and always looks a little too... smooshed.

My mom and I love to laugh aloud at Mrs. Bennett. My mom thinks she's an absolute scream, and will run around saying, "oh, my poor nerves! You have no compassion on my nerves!" and we laugh.