
It's been awhile. Work has a way of doing that to you. I wish it wouldn't. This has been our last three weeks.
Plenty of fluids.
Severe lack of appetite.
Cold showers.
Why?
Heat Wave.
Our AC broke 3 weeks ago. I'm sweating, and Kweku is taking a bath in his own sweat.
Antidote. 5-6 weeks until new unit arrives.
Why so long?

We live in a historic city...zoning laws.
I posted some picks our our hike.
He's so handsome.
I'm so glad he's my husband.
There is no one on earth I would rather melt with!
I have some great Bucks stories. People do crazy things in line when they are thirsty. Mix that with a caffeine/coffee addiction and we have a REAL problem.
We have begun the citizenship process. We began it awhile ago and man oh man, the government has lots of questions!
Apparently I've "entered the ranks." I am definitely treated differently as a married woman. I met with a single friend last week while fleeing a tornado, I know we took cover at a COSI until that flooded, and we talked about our friendship. "How will our friendship grow, now that your married?" It is true marriage changes you. I miss Kweku when he isn't around and I WANT to be with him. Logically, married couples are "easier" to hang with because we can BOTH go out....with no awkward silences. He's my favorite, and I don't need a girls night out every weekend like I did in college.
That being said...I was nominated to begin a book club. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. So, I figured like all book clubs SHOULD, to begin with no other than Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. In one month we will have read the book and then we are going to eat/discuss/and then watch the old P & P which is so much better than anything Kiera Knightly could do. I will try to take pics of our event. Should I make the girls, and myself, arrive dressed as Lizzy would? If only Hannah and Becky could join!
I will save the tornado story for later.
2 comments:
My junior year in high school (1992) we read and watched the movie. It is the only Jane Austen book I like. I don't remember which movie it was but I have been trying to figure out which one because it was really funny.
Skip all of the above EXCEPT the tornado!!!! (not that it isn't exceptionally insightful and fascinating) but, the T word was a little disarming.
WHAT!?!?
Charley said you guys talked yesterday!
xo,
Jackie
Post a Comment