Thursday, May 1, 2008

Deep Sigh of Relief, I love Mon Kweku

Our wedding was phenomenal! There are so many to thank. So many who did so much. The pavilion was lovely. Mom sewed brilliant brides maids dresses... Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people worked and served to make our day so special. Many mopped, sewed, scrubbed, served, made, hung, loved and laughed. As this battle raged, I sat in a chair preparing for my wedding. The Bride has her own stresses but my family pulled together.

Now for the heavy stuff. When I began this blog years ago, it was to share pictures of my life abroad. I love to write...sharing dramatic events and saying things that few have the gumption to say. I love to observe, think, capture and then share. BUT when it comes to those I love I have very little to say publicly. Kweku knows me. He is the ONLY one who truly knows me, and I him. Ours is a private life. In the future I WILL share stories of our life, funny incidents that all will smile to. But none will come to know the REAL Kweku from this blog. This blog is not a newsletter on our life, as some blogs are. Yes, I did have fun "showing" you Kweku and not his face for many posts. It was all in good fun, but I won't be sharing personal information on our blog. We DO have pictures of our wedding and if you would like to share in these moments my Dad has set up a URL. Why aren't we posting? We ARE private people. For example, when the DJ agreed to play at our wedding we declined him the right to take photos and post them on his site. So Friends, if you'd like photos just pop me an email. BUT, I'm changing my email wahoo, I'm a married woman now! I will more than likely attach the URL so that we can all share...plus my nieces are amazing! They looked smashing and one of the reasons Kweku and I denied having a ring bearer is that he might run away with Marcela!

Pledging my life to Kweku was the most amazing moment I've ever had. This man loves me with his whole heart and I am SO excited about our love and our life together. I hope that you come back to the blog and share with us the joys and trials of life. We love your comments, and they keep me writing. We are excited about photos we took in Kentucky and have stories to tell!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were a radiant bride and terribly sweet on your wedding day! And, Kweku would only get a big head if I went on about him :)
Love you, Jackie

Q said...

Jackie, thanks for all the hard work you put into the wedding. It was my pleasure to finally meet you and Charley. As for Laura, she was an amazingly gorgeous bride and she is a wonderful wife!

Kelley said...

Im so excited for you two! And so glad Wade and I could be there. Absolutely beautiful wedding. I cant wait to hang out with the new bride and groom!!! Have fun nesting! :)

Scott McMurtrey said...

here i am away for too long and you're married! congratulations!