
Kweku invited me to my first NHL game. I've never been a fan of hockey as I don't find slit necks, lack of teeth and face pummeling all that attractive. The closest I've come to watching hockey occurs when I watch "The Cutting Edge." Really? Upon arriving at the Verizon Center Kweku produced Suite tickets compliments of the mayor. Oh yes, I was able to watch the game in full padded comfort. Does this man know me or what!? I'm like my Mom. She'll accompany my Dad hunting provided she has a comfy bed WITH a pillow, a hot tub, and access to multiple quilt stores. I'll go to a hockey game provided Kweku sits by me, holds my hand and explains the rules of the game.

We invited friends. Below are Kelli and Wade. Kelli is helping with wedding plans. Apparently she LOVES weddings! Wade loves to talk about bacteria.

I put in this pic to prove that I was actually at the game. I didn't appreciate the mega loud train horn every time a goal was scored. I did appreciate the bug formations the players made while spilling over the wall to replace players. The constant slamming against the wall and using ones stick as a weapon was a bit intriguing and yet nasty. It was not nearly as barbaric as I thought. There are rules and apparently hocking fighting is an art. I'm not ready to purchase season tickets or go to another one. I might if my seat is padded again. Although we were next to Lockheed Martins suite and it was a bit like a frat house. Anorexic women wearing red sweaters and double zero jeans drinking beer twittered throughout the whole game as the frat boys took in this AMAZING game. But in the suite Gourmet popcorn was only $32.70! I know... a total bargain! I bet it was good popcorn, but Kwek's and I doubted it was worth the money. I bet we are right.
5 comments:
Okay, if I'd have known that your mom endured hunting the way she does, Mark and I would have SO gone hunting with them. : )
Great posts! I love it! And Hockey is a very intricate and amazing game!
I've become quite an avid hunter of quilt shops. I'd love to have you join us sometime. M
Girl! That game was so fun. Im glad you posted pics! And yes i do love weddings but i dont know who kelli is... ummm must be that other girl helping with the wedding ;) (it's kelley... im sure you knew that though) xoxo
I work with Kelli.
I work with Kelley.
If ya'll spelled your names like normal people I wouldn't get all mixed up!
Post a Comment