Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thoughts....

I'm feeling pensive...

I'm a bookworm. I love books and I love the escape they allow. I find this in writing as well. Which is why I've countless notebooks and planners full of words. Words I've formed together as sentences placed in chapter form. Perhaps one day I'll publish, but that remains to be seen. As for now...

I've a book list. BUT, whenever I go to the library I fail to consult my book list. Any time a one babbles on about a book they ADORE I add it to the list. I've decided to pull from that list. And so today in the freezing rain I grabbed...

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" ... a friends FAVORITE book. Basically the reader sits inside the head of an autistic boy as he is framed for the murder of a dog. Never in a million would I have plucked this book off the shelf at Barnes. My friend knew this, and so I received the book as a Christmas gift. The first chapter is named Chapter 2, and the next chapter 3, and the next chapter 7 and so on. Right away I realized they were all prime, lovely! Fascinating. Intriguing.

3 comments:

rebecca. said...

I don't know how intellectual this "insight" is, but I nearly read that book--and still really want to! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

(I do read your blog... every post. I just forget to comment very often--but it's been exciting to hear all about your engagement recently!!! Congratulations!)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Thanks dear!

I'll send you the book once I'm finished. I've read only snippets as the book is a bit odd and therefore slightly difficult. In this I mean mixing the thoughts of an autistic boy with my own thoughts is overwhelming!

Angie said...

Wow. Now you've given me another book to add to my ever-growing list of books I must read.

I'll be interested to hear what you think as you wade through it.