Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Must you Freeze in the Parking Lot?

People want to be first. Everyone wants to be first. That's just the way it is. That in itself is not a problem. The PROBLEM arises when an annoying person wants to be first. You know that grumpy old man with frizzy combed over hair that arrives at the Bux the SAME TIME AS ME and I have an hour of prep before we open the door? You know, the guy who comes to the door at 5:27 (we open at 5:30) and pulls on the door, threatening the the glass and straining the hinges...then he stomps in and demands his small coffee FILLED TO THE TOP so that you don't jip him out of one drop of his drug. No matter how you look at it, Mr. Grumpoid is annoying....

So were the masses that pushed against the doors at Gold's Gym this morning. Yup, you've got it. There they were...overweight regulars in spandex along with super stick thin men waiting to work out their tendons on the treadmill. Really? As soon as the woman unlocked the door they pushed through like a herd of wild beasts. Things were about out of control when a wise old Congressman held up a hand and said, "Ladies First." The women were only slightly better than the men, merely narrowing the chances of someone dying in the vestibule due to rampant pushing in the rear. Looks like the New Year will bring in a lot of "New Yearsers." As long as they don't take my favourite treadmill they can come...

Why is 7-Eleven so popular? While driving home from Gold's I passed 7-Eleven and there was a line! For what? Coffee sludge? Moon pies? I can't imagine why at 6 AM anyone would voluntarily go to a 7-Eleven. It isn't even on the main road. You have to drive off the road. I don't even want to use the bathroom in there. I'm thinking a bush has a lot less growing on it.

Now what you have been waiting for:

Harmony wearing a SUPER cool chefs hat given by yours Truly and Mr. Kweku




AND

It sorta looks like Kweku is doing the puzzle..... I thought he was supposed to HELP Marcela and Harmony...


Want to see more? You'll just have to check back...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would want to do a puzzle when there is a wrapping paper tube to play with?

Grandma

Angie said...

I just want to know how long I have to wait to see these pictures. Hmmmmmm?