Friday, January 11, 2008

The Last to Know...


Be healthy in 2008 is our motto at work (my real job at the non profit). So, early this morning one could find us ladies in the office huddled around the coffee pot earnestly blowing off steam. Internally I rolled my eyes as one lady droned on about the contents of her lunch that day. The truth is, I really don't care what you have for lunch as long as you keep your mouth shut during the mastication process and that your digestion process is free from gas bubbles. But being as I'm "part of the team" I listened intently nodding in ALL the right places and sipping my own Earl Gray. Finally it was "my turn" and I mentioned that I had joined Gold's in December and was watching my sugar intake. "What!" said one. "Honey YOU don't need to lose weight. Oh wait, I KNOW why you want to lose weight. YOU want to fit into your wedding dress!!!" "Really? I don't have a wedding dress." Awkward silence. Apparently I'm the last to know. The whole world has decided that Kweku and I are engaged. If we are, I'm the last to know.

ps. This dress is hideous and should be burned...and if you seriously thought...hmmmmmmmm...stop thinking...

3 comments:

cotadajdaj said...

Hey, did you ever say what was in the cup?????? If you did, I didn't catch it! Di

Anonymous said...

I'd better not be the last to know.

Anonymous said...

Laura,

I think that dress is fabulous! If only I'd have found it for my wedding. Alas.... ;-) Anyway, I hope your sugar intake remains low...and I hate it when people tell you you don't need to lose weight even though you're quite sure you do because your clothes no longer fit. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Clarissa