Friday, November 9, 2007

You think I'm What???


So my boss, at Five Talents, told me that I'm quote, "opinionated." Yikes, what can I say to that? Everyone HAS an opinion, I'm just a little more vocal. Wait, a lot more vocal than the average lady.

So I was having trouble with Raisers Edge and the IT Man was "driving" my computer while I sat next to him. You know it was the proverbial computer nerd...girl sitting next to him...about to get awkward silence. So I piped up, "My Dad's an IT guy." Then he gave me a look and said, "So what happened to you?"

Really? Really? I shot him a withering glance and said, "Why learn? I have my Dad." I've never even cared to learn because I can just call Dad. And I am very happy with this arrangement. I do not intend to change things. The End.

So Thursday was the BIG HOLIDAY kickoff for the Bux (Starbucks.) I had to wear a red T-shirt that read "Pass the Cheer." They are a nice break from the black polo, but really still gaudy and ridiculous. The Bux could have fed a country in Africa with the bucks spent on those T's, but I wore it with a smile. At 4 in the morning. What really grossed me out included one special drink in our Holiday Trio. Said drink is officially called the Eggnog Latte. You know that feeling, when you take a dry towel and you clean up dog puke and the wet seeps through onto your hand, yah that's the way I feel when I drink an Eggnog latte. And the RAW egg makes this muffled dying wheez as the steam wand attempts to scramble the egg instead of merely steaming it. I pop in the red cup two shots of espresso, pour on the almost scrambled egg, cover with eggish foam and top with Nutmeg sprinkles. Now you know the beauty of what happens behind the counter. I, your lovely Barista, try not to gag every time the THICK raw egg mixture is poured into a lovely stainless steel pitcher and begin the grueling task of keeping the nastiness from solidifying. Should YOU be drinking a drink that has the potential to turn into a solid with steam? I think not. Instead you should drink something normal like a Toffee Nut Americano or go holiday with a Peppermint Mocha.

This advice is given to you by a VERY Opinionated Barista.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. my friend got a egg nog latte (from the overly decked out in red bucks by the office) and i wanted to gag! ewwww.

hope you are full of holiday cheer, when do the christmas carols start?

hey, when can you hang out? I'm going to be in VA a lot more now, so we should do dinner this week when you can.

miss you!

Angie said...

Hmmmmm. . . I seem to remember an overly opinionated piano student, too.

I think her name was Laura. . . : )

Anonymous said...

gross, I hate egg nog

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Such a lovely picture. Is that one of the spots you slipped and hit the ground...or was that Adam? So many falls.
Hooray for Dostoyevsky! Or was it Tolstoy? I cannot remember whose house that is! Ahh!

Clarissa

Anonymous said...

EW! That sounds so disgusting.