A.)Private
B.)Busy
C.)Selective
So, I saw my friend Bethany... This is a big deal people being as we've been friends since we were 3 years old living in Illinois. Life was good if we played "against the rules" and failed getting caught. Her family says I was the ring leader and my family says she led the way into trouble. Either way...we were always in trouble. BUT, we didn't care. In fact, if we didn't get into trouble we felt bored, not devious enough to warrant a time out. Oh, and the day was a failure if we didn't somehow annoy my sister Angel and her brother Brock. Then we grew up and drifted apart. My family moved to Nebraska and hers, everywhere else... The letters stopped and well we moved on. Never forgot, but moved on...
UNTIL---
Yesterday.
I saw Bethany for the first time. I wasn't certain how I would feel seeing her again. Happy, sad, indifferent? Ecstatic is a much more fitting word. Can you miss someone you don't know? Yes. I think you can. She's married now and lives in Maryland. So close....it looks like we will be able to be friends again. AND. "couple friends" (you all know how I hate anything cliche coupledom) you've got it, she's married to Joel (a Kevin Bacon look alike). This means Barbecue with dog Torah (Hurricane Katrina rescue dog)

by the river playing Frisbee.
Bethany has great earrings, great hair and best of all she has a great sense of humour. Kweku and I laughed, and laughed and laughed and well, need I say more? We took a good 20 minutes to laugh about the anatomy of a hot pocket. Hooooooooooooooooooot Pockettttttttttttt!

MLS Cup Final 2007
Kweku and I went to a soccer game. Wait, not just any soccer game but the FINAL game. New England Revolution v. Houston Dynamo. At first I wanted the Revolution to win because I thought Dynamo was a stupid name. Who names a team Dynamo? I think of a stupid dog Dynamo. "Come here Dynamo," the old woman calls to her rat dog. BUT, my feelings changed when I saw how nasty the New England players were. That is NOT Arsenal soccer. AND, my parents are moving to Texas. This brings me to another point. Are you guys sure? Are you sure you want to move to a state where guys like this wear hats like this.
If you can't tell, that is a straw cowboy hat with a TEXAS flag in the shape of a long horn on it. He was oh so happy to have his photo taken. He even shook our hands, he's a BIG deal.The Texan's brought ORANGE SMOKE

And the "girls" with the flag. They were yippin' and "dancin'" and making all kinds of rackit! For the love girls...

And the orange won!

And We had fun.
4 comments:
ok, i love LOVE the hot pockets... but my fave is his cake sketch. um, i am happy to say that i own that dvd now. ;)
Oh my goodness!!! I wouldn't have recognized Bethany had you not told us who she was. WOW!
Remember. . .they moved to Indiana shortly after Mark and I came onto the scene at WWC.
Great picture!!!
Hot Pockets... SO funny. We watched that in Mary's office once with John-the-intern.
Are you in Texas? I am jealous of your warm, wintery clothes.
Sugar, good to finally read your blog...even if it is at work. Jury's still out on Texas, though it's gonna be nearly 70 today and sunny, certainly not Nebraska weather and pretty easy to take.
You watching soccer and enjoying it, who'd a thunk.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment