
Today is a day for thinking. And life is quite busy and I have therefore little time for thought. Yet somehow while sitting in traffic I found copious amounts of time to ponder. It is dangerous when I begin to think...for much mischief is soon to follow. Yet how much mischief can one have while crawling five miles an hour on the Capital Beltway? I've begun to use my time counting blessings and I challenge you to try. Next time when you feel like a VERY CRABBY APPLE think of 100 blessings in your life. At first it seems impossible. I mean, remember last Thanksgiving when everyone took turns around the table saying "things they were thankful for..." Yah, and your Aunt whomever "took" your idea when she said, "I'm thankful for family." And then someone says they are thankful that "we could all be together" and all the sudden you are stumped. What on earth do you have to be thankful for?
Really?
Really...we are just lazy. Blessings are all around and we are just too busy and too tired to spot them. We are out of habit. Try it. 100 blessings. and then you'll realize that it is hard to be crabby when the Lord has granted so much.
4 comments:
We go from hot dogs to this? That is one of the reasons your blog is so interesting you keep us wondering what you will hop to next. You are absolutely right. We have sooooooo many things to be thankful for.
Yeah, and I can name four right off the top of my head. . .
George
Mary
Angel
Laura
There's four that I'm grateful for. . . .got any more to add to the list, eh?????
: )
Reggie, Marcela & Harmony.
Kweku.
Post a Comment