Thursday, August 16, 2007

Working Out

Most of you know that I truly enjoy running. I love to push myself and I feel and odd sense of peacefulness when I feel my feet hit the pavement. I use this time to think or merely listen to music on my ipod. Lovely.

BUT, as someone once told me "reading blogs about peoples "exercise" habits is a bit boring." ie: the blog posts would look something like this....

Day One: I ran
Day Two: Had a hard time, ate cake and gained 5 pounds
Day Three: Missed this day due to Hurricane (pick an odd sounding name and add here)

SO, my friend Heather and I have created a blog... www.2ladiesrunning@blogspot.com/

We will both post about our running experiences and anything else that we do in order to keep our bodies in healthy working order. For instance I'm training so that I can run away from butterflies should the need arise...

So at Starbucks today a customer brought in a rat dog. Don't believe me? Apparently it is called a "blue chihuahua." It is a hairless ugly thing. See for yourself...




Apparently this guy's dog cost him 1,100 dollars... Seriously? He said that his "dog" (mind you I'm using the term dog loosely) was on sale because it had a "generic" disorder. I think he meant "genetic," but I'm not one to judge a man with such sound judgment.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my sweet Moses. . .what an ugly dog! And to pay that much money???? Senseless.

Our Starbucks will be open in a couple of weeks. Wanna transfer here?

Anonymous said...

You're right: that's basically the ugliest beast in the world.

L & H said...

I, for one am glad that you are doing a fitness blog and I've read it, therefore I can attest to the fact that it isn't boring.
That dog? It makes me wonder if God actually made that thing or if someone was cruel and decided to actually mate a chiwawa (however you spell it) with a rat?

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure those are cats.