Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Dish Only Smeagol Would Enjoy

So my man and I embarked on a romantic stroll. Lovely. While walking we came upon a fork in the road... Turn Left and you have boring AND annoying tourists OR turn right and enjoy a waterfront view. In keeping with the mood we chose right (You all know my feelings about buses and tourists.) While walking we encountered a most unpleasant fume emanating from the beautiful waterfront (aka pond.) Lured by this sweet aroma we could not but approach the shore. And there it was, a meal only Gollum would delight in. "My preciouss..............."




Gross. So it was; we abandoned our romantic endeavor and opted for a tourist-trodden path. Perhaps in this particular instance I shall give them some credit.

Here's another one for you fans out there although, I'm pretty disappointed in the amount of NON-guesses I have received:

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

And no, I still have not found my camera cord.
Anybody curious as to whom this man I romantically strolled with may be?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely curious. It's killing me. Like it killed the cat.

Bethany said...

?!

Anonymous said...

I know! But I won't ruin the surprise!

Clarissa

Scott McMurtrey said...

So, did that fish die from eating a bird?? Or was the smell so bad that birds were just exploding in mid-air and their feathers landed near the fish? :)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Yup, the smell was that bad. It is as you say!

Anonymous said...

could it be Death?
Reggie

Anonymous said...

I'm curious
A.F.