Saturday, June 16, 2007

Working in the Swamp


So, I worked a double at Starbucks. My shift began at 4:45 in the morning and I clocked out at 10:38. Let me tell you, I'm just not in the mood for Congeniality. I worked at a different Starbucks and CLEARLY they have a flooding problem. People I came home with wrinkled toes! My socks were brown (originally white!) For hours I splashed around making Lattes and Mochas in nasty water. I'm NOT ok with that! Do you see my pants? I arrived at this store and was greeted with this, "Oh, yah we should warn you that this store will ruin your pants." Seriously people!!! After an hour of fulfilling the name Miss Grumpy pants I got over myself and did my best to "enjoy" the situation. For example I splashed AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! And so what if I ruin my "Starbucks" pants? I work at a Coffee Shop, I'm sure I will receive more stains as time goes on. My shoes might actually be ruined though.I took this photo so you could see just how high the water was. UGH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GROSSSSSSSS! I remember my pants looking like that after a day a Panera. However, we didn't have flooding. Isn't that a health code violation?

Clarissa

Anonymous said...

I agree with Clarissa. Is this legal?

Anonymous said...

Mad, mad, mad, mad. Four Mads.