Friday, May 11, 2007

Meandering


For those of you requesting a current pic of me with red hair...

Hannah's grandparents are visiting. They are lovely and thanks to them...we now have a super fabulous pink chair. Yay! This means that upon arrival of guests they have options on where to sit. A photo of the chair soon to come.

I took my camera on my jog. Fabulous. More pics AND stories to come.

My votes go to Apollo and Julianne on Dancing with the Stars.

When is that moment when you finally fit in? You know, like at Starbucks I'm the new girl. When do the people at work begin to call you friend...and do you want that? You know how it goes, in stages... You are the new girl and everyone hates you because you can't do your job and they have to pick up the slack. Then they start liking you because "you aren't so bad." Then you start talking back to people and refuse to do the cruddy jobs and people remember your name. At this point they all talk about maybe hanging out sometime and when you are in the room they say things to each other in code like, "Oh, that thing you were talking about last Friday." Obviously you weren't invited to the thing. (and you pretend as if you have no idea what the thing is.) And then you are invited to the thing and you wonder if you want to be. Will you be tomorrows opening gossip topic? Gossip. It eats at the soul of every man. If everyone keeps friends close, but his/her enemies closer yet, then whom can you trust?

2 comments:

Jonas said...

Good question, Laura. Not one with an easy answer.

As for people liking you...I liked working with you when you first got here because you had a good work ethic and a willingness to learn and a little humility because you knew you were new. Having to "pick up the slack" wasn't an issue. That hasn't changed. I still like working with you. You're one of the better ones to have on a shift, despite being new, and I can tell you that I'm not the only one holding that opinion.

Anonymous said...

Jonas is right. I hold that opinion too. Thanks for being willing to take up the slack since I am the new girl in our condo.