Yes we had fun. Loads of fun. My parents are fabulous and I love them. There is one thing I did learn about them in relation to me: I NEED more sleep than them!!!! They only need a few hours during the night and then a quick power nap and they are ready to go! Sadly I could hardly pick up my feet.
While at the Air and Space Museum (clearly for Dads benefit) we heard the most amazing comment. To put the moment into perspective the three of us had camped out on some chairs by the Apollo stuff experiencing the enjoyment of people watching. More so we were garnering the energy to walk through the Wright Brothers area. WHEN a harried looking Mom trudged by with two boys saying:
"You can't just shoot people up to space and leave them there. FIGURE it out!!"
hmmmmmmmmmm. What she was really saying is this, 'I've tried to answer 500 questions about space and flying that I don't know and I feel stupid. Stop talking and, Where is your father?"
My parents bought me a grill. AMAZING.
5 comments:
We had a great time. Thanks for the visit.
I'm so jealous!!!
My parents need just as much sleep as I do. I wonder what allows your parents to achieve such great feats of sleeplessness.
Clarissa
Clariss,
It's old age.
Maybe next summer Angie AND my parents can visit...
Post a Comment