Friday, May 4, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust!


So, it finally happened. At Starbucks another Barista managed to fling a Grande Caramel Frappacino ALL over me! Like through the apron and onto the pants type thing. Not just ON the pants, but soaked clear through...I had added 2 shots of espresso.... I would have felt irritated had she not felt terrible.

Jonas, shift manager, labled me an eternal optimist; he must not know me very well. He also gave me documentation saying that I had "formally" entered the nerd club. I think I entered that club when I went Contra Dancing. I mean come on, I danced with guys called the sniffer and Mr. Nova Scotia!

I have discovered that much like my sisters reaction, other Baristas get annoyed when I sing loudly and off key. Now THIS can be used as a finally tuned weapon.

I actually enjoy cleaning the ice deflector. Yes, I am a weird one that enjoys seeing mold scraped off a plastic panel. It isn't so much the doing, but the end result. I fell the same satisfaction when I iron and see wrinkles disappear. Lovely.

People who mumble irritate me. Their order sounds like this, "I'd l************ a ta********** CHAI WITH (some strange lanuage here) and deCaf*****************."
Me: So you'd like a decaf tall skim Chai?
Him: "No," spoken with Severe attitutude disorder. "I SAID Grande." - pronouned Grandeeeeee
Me: I call the order and the guy gives me a look and says.
Him: "Excuse me, but I said 2 Grandeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees."
Me: Sure
Him: I said soy, and make that a double.
Me: Make that a double.
Him: Wait, scratch that, I'd like the try a Frap.
Me: What kind?
Him: Is that cold? Never mind.
Me: Will that be all Sir?
Him: What? That can't be my total, I CLEARLY ordered ONE drink.
Me: Really? Hmmmmmmm, well then....state price.
Him: I'd like extra whip on the Frap.
Need I say more? I love it when stuff like this happens.


4 comments:

Angie said...

I'm not sure why, but I dreamed about you last night. Weird dream, but I think that's kind of implied, isn't it?

You have got to be making a difference at Starbucks. . . it's evident with every post. With or without a flung frap. . .

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain. I am definately a nerd. of course, I work with nerds and hang out with people who are, mostly, nerds. Places where there aren't nerds are suspect and slightly irritating.

Clarissa

Jonas said...

Regarding the mumblers: please try not to kill the dumb customers who don't know how to order or pronounce drinks right and act all high-and-mighty when you try to help them. Not that I'd blame you if you did murder one or two.

I shall have to come up with another title for you...I know! CYNIC.

Take care, L. See ya next time you're on my shift.

Anonymous said...

It takes all types, you know: the mumblers, the long-winded advice-givers, the... heh heh... others. ;-)